Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope borisasf doesn't mind me using his pic to work with. If so I'll take it down, but this is what I'm talking about. All I did was move the shoulder plates inwards.

20110901103338144.jpg

markV-shoulder-fix.png

Although I'm completely satisfied with the figure, I do agree that there is a little too much silver on the neck portion and with the shoulders covering that up, it more closely matches the movie CGI figure.

With all that being said, it's still a top notch figure that I can't wait to get on my display shelf.

The lines are actually too defined and the body proportions...well, he looks a little too thin IMO. BUT in spite of that, I also think it is an awesome figure overall and I am sure it will be a very sought-after piece in the future, as it is an amazing and very unique design and I doubt we will ever see something like that again.

I can assure you in person thats not the case, he looks perfect, in fact just saw him last week at toy hunters.

i think it looks pretty right on as is...
Iron-Man-mkV-1.png

your edit looks good too. obviously. i dont really see moving something less than a quarter of an inch really changing my opinion of a figure. there are def bigger problems. like screwholes visible joints, blue lights, and it doesnt really shoot repulsor rays. but its a toy after all. this thing looks amazing.

Depends on what you find important. Silhouette is very important to me.

See in this image above, you can barely see the lines on his face. I think that's whats putting me off it.

A great figure nonetheless.

What you saw last week was the prototype. The lines in the face appear to be more pronounced in the final product.

yes but in terms of proportions I think everything is still the same. Lines might be more pronounced on the final product as you claim.

This may end up being one of the most sought after Iron Man figures in a couple years. I think I'm going to like this one as much as Mark I.

I kind of like the lines on the face. lol

Me too. It might not be totally accurate but at that scale it helps highlight the design, which is a cool design and wouldn't really be noticeable at 12" tall to the eye if the lines where as subtle as they are in the movie.

Sorry if I sound like a noob but...isnt Howard Chan the owner also a scrulptor just like Yulli whom he hires???
Cause I see his name on the Hot Toys boxes credits....just curious about this

I belive H.Chan is not a sculptor but a creative producer/CEO of HT! :lecture

WOWOWOWOW!!!

im sure the lines on the mask wont really bother me when its in my hands but i wonder if i can just pop the mark 3 BD head with the mark 2 faceplate on this one? can anyone here try it? might look weird (the red looks very different) but i hope its passable.

So this is finally shipping? If so then it's about time. I've had this thing PO'd since January!!!! It looks fantastics and is a striking figure to say the least. The contrast in color (silver/red) is amazing and IMO it is one of the better looking IM figures.

WOWOWOWOW!!!

im sure the lines on the mask wont really bother me when its in my hands but i wonder if i can just pop the mark 3 BD head with the mark 2 faceplate on this one? can anyone here try it? might look weird (the red looks very different) but i hope its passable.

youd be better off just repainting this faceplate silver to get the black out of the lines.

Back