Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As posted on Toy Square :

- Newly sculpted head with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the movie, in newly developed helmet with removable mask

I'm sure its a typo, why wouldn't they post that on the pics? They mentioned it in the Mark IV and the blurred it out on the Mark VI. Ordered one via Toys2, putting aside $30 a month it'll be paid off by July which is the beginning of Q3. Going order one via SSC as well to give myself some breathing room but I definitely want one sooner than later :rock

EDIT: Definitely a Typo, it's actually the Mark VI description pasted in.

The 1/6th scale Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness as Mark VI in the movie Iron Man 2
- Newly sculpted head with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the movie, in newly developed helmet with removable mask
- Two (2) interchangeable removable mask including one (1) battle damaged ver.
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Special features on armor:
- LED-lighted eyes and triangle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
- Two (2) pieces of interchangeable chest armor including one (1) battle damaged ver.
- Ejective shoulder mounted micro munitions pod
- Battle damaged right shoulder outer armor and right arm biceps armor

mistakez.jpg

Last edited:
The price of the figures started to go up and the figures still sell out, so the prices went up again and the figures still sell out.... Guess what happens now :)
In this very thread there are multiple posts that no matter the cost they will buy (some will buy multiple). If another 10 or 20 dollars is no big deal then it goes to reason that 30 or 40 won't be a big deal either. If I ran HT or SS and saw the consumer base posting things like that you bet yer ass I'd raise the price accordingly too. At least with HT they are constantly raising the bar while raising their prices(please stop using rubber!!!!!), while in SS's case they have been delivering product that should fail QC, but the QC department is just a sticker that everyone gets

I think the main reason for the price,is that they can only sell this body once and they want to get back the money they put into it. With mark 4 or something like the new Predators body, they are getting multiple products so its worth the investment.

Um… like I think I read through this whole thread and didn't see any corroboration for this price other than super-early pre-orders (which are often over-priced). I'm not saying this isn't going to be what it will cost, just that I'm waiting for SSC to put up their pre-order before I believe it.

I wonder, is the Mark V designed for flight, i dont think he flew in the armour in the film, is it more of a simple emergency battle-suit rather than a fully funtional armour?

Colour me curious

Well, let's take a look at History.

Toys2 Mark IV: $179.99
SSC Mark IV: $179.99

Toys2 Mark VI: $199.99
SSC Mark VI: $209.99

So since Toys2 has put theirs up for $189.99 we are looking at an SSC price of either $189.99 or $199.99 if history holds true.

I wonder, is the Mark V designed for flight, i dont think he flew in the armour in the film, is it more of a simple emergency battle-suit rather than a fully funtional armour?

Colour me curious

No it isn't, according to the video game the Mark V armour cannot fly only jump a bit.

Mike stop posting comment here coz every time u do I can't stand staring at Danica's body LOL... :)

Well, let's take a look at History.

Toys2 Mark IV: $179.99
SSC Mark IV: $179.99

Toys2 Mark VI: $199.99
SSC Mark VI: $209.99

So since Toys2 has put theirs up for $189.99 we are looking at an SSC price of either $189.99 or $199.99 if history holds true.

Well I wouldn't go with those prices, because I PO MKIV at Urban Collector for $162 I think and MKVI for $181. AlterEgo also had the same price.

Back