Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Hot Toys, how close does the final product come to these initial pictures? How close will the final paint apps get to the shots in the gallery? (Pardon my Hot Toys ignorance. I'm a 1:4 scale guy...)

You tell me. :D

PICT0196.jpg

I've never bought anything from Hot Toys, but this looks so realistic that I did a double take after realizing that it wasn't an actual picture of Brad Pitt.

With Hot Toys, how close does the final product come to these initial pictures? How close will the final paint apps get to the shots in the gallery? (Pardon my Hot Toys ignorance. I'm a 1:4 scale guy...)

Hot Toys has come a long way with factory paint apps vs. prototype paint app in such a short time span (late 2008 to now). I think a good example would be their just-released Blade figure.

Take a look at the prototype photos from HT:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66136&page=88 (more photos on subsequent pages)

And compare them with the final figure. Photos from member 'OMG':
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66136&page=83

I haven't seen a 1/4 scale PF or comiquette that comes close to that realism.

Cap does look a little large, but has to be to accomodate that hair, so no biggie. Plus, as Roy said, doubt anyone will display him with it.

Wow.

ap_20100130093500153.jpg

This one is amazing:

ap_20100130104314334.jpg

Isn't the writing on the wrong side of his rifle though?

The film shows that it's on the other side too.

It's possible the movie poster version is edited to show 'Inglorious Basterds' right side up. Promo stuff and what's in the actual movie can vary sometimes.

On second examination. Aldo's rifle does have the inscription on the other side and is oriented like the figure's gun. Question is, is the name on both sides of the rifle?

IBgun.png

ap_20100130105423438.jpg
inglourious-basterds-20090220000844483.jpg

These pics look pretty good

ap_20100130105413493.jpg

ap_20100130105701225.jpg

ap_20100130105313959.jpg

I notice the sculpt looks the best when its not facing directly at the camera, cause it looks like hes caught off guard. But when its turned away, seems like he's deep in thought and focused on what he's doing. Its gonna take some skill to get a good shot with this figure

Aside from the writing on the rifle, does anyone else see that the rifle Aldo comes with is not the same one he has in the movie?

Aldo was using a German Karabiner 98k rifle in the movie. The figure is using an M1 Garand ( Jokers rifle ) Obviously its cheaper for Hot Toys to re use the same gun

Karabiner-98K.jpg

Karabiner

M1_Garand.jpg

M1 Garand

Last edited:
You sure at one point he didnt have a garand in the movie? He's got one right there in the promo poster, you can tell by the buttplate trapdoor and the trigger gaurd/safety

Yeh plasmid, that's what I was on about. Different side in the film and upside down going by the poster. :lol

Ah well, gotta praise HT for including that detail anyway.

Back