Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pictures Wookster, can't wait to read the review.
Where is that newborn figure from?
It's by a Japanese company called Tsukuda Hobby, I bought it about 3 years ago on eBay for like £15. They also did the Alien 4 Xeno. My least favourite of the movies, but I still hope HT give us tat version and the new-born eventually.

One big happy xeno family photo to go on the Xmas card next year.

Looking forward to the review!

naturallightpose9.jpg

Great job, looks like a guy in a suit posing for publicity images and not a figure at all.

Cheers guys, I know he has a couple of problems (more important to some than others) but I love him, as you say, it looks like a little version of Badejo in the suit.

I got the scratch remover kit today. I tested it on a pre-scratched tape dispenser and then went to work on the alien dome. I forgot to take before pictures :(

As mentioned there is a dullcoat on the dome so I worked out the scratches with the heavy scratch remover and then did the whole thing over in the light scratch remover and polish. Now the dome is all over glossy... which I might just leave it that way. I like the way it looks better.

I got the scratch remover kit today. I tested it on a pre-scratched tape dispenser and then went to work on the alien dome. I forgot to take before pictures :(

As mentioned there is a dullcoat on the dome so I worked out the scratches with the heavy scratch remover and then did the whole thing over in the light scratch remover and polish. Now the dome is all over glossy... which I might just leave it that way. I like the way it looks better.

Glad it worked for ya. Lets see how it looks when you get a chance.

I really wanted to like this figure.
As a general Alien figure, it looks nice...I'm sure the average moviegoer would be impressed. The detail and sculpt look great, and I bet the paint looks awesome in person - BUT - (I have HT Kane) ALIEN is my favorite movie of all time, and frankly.. I want a figure that looks like what we saw on the screen. To me, the Medicom is a closer fit to the movie look...but it's smaller scale stops me from buying.
I love the Kane figure, and desperately want a properly scaled Giger alien to go with it, but I'm stuck in limbo...Medicom = too small. Hot Toys = NOT the Giger design.

Sigh...so yeah, not trying to say you guys shouldn't enjoy it, but I'm going to have to hope that the new Ridley Scott film gives me another chance to own the Alien that I want.

One other thing, I have the giant NECA Alien, and it's really really accurate, and has nice sculpted detail..but lacks a certain level of quality in the materials used, paint apps, articulation and general fit/finish. For the price though, the NECA is the best alien toy you can buy (for the GIGER look).

I'm going to spend the money I had ear marked for this toy on the new (beautiful) T-800 preorder... no disappointments there!!

Oh yeah, and Hi to a few of the Alien fans I remember from the last time I posted here (months ago when the medicom release was still a preorder) -- abake, CelticP and Sabres21768... you guys are awesome for always demanding accuracy. you're not alone.

The more recent HT stuff has had a pretty good shelf life I think... stuff two years old or more is still doing fine... I think.

I still hate rubber.

Here's the polished dome. Like I said no before and after since I forgot to take before :(

So what do you think, should I dull coat it or leave it as is?

IMG_0945.png

and that dome is going nowhere without some serious screwing around. It's almost melted into the rubber or something. I figured it would pop off kinda easy, no such luck.

Here's the polished dome. Like I said no before and after since I forgot to take before :(

So what do you think, should I dull coat it or leave it as is?

IMG_0945.png

and that dome is going nowhere without some serious screwing around. It's almost melted into the rubber or something. I figured it would pop off kinda easy, no such luck.

I think it looks just fine the way you've got it...actually it appears to be shiny on the top with a little bit of dull coat remaining in the areas where the dome meets the rest of the head -- kind of nice meshing/gradient effect. I'd leave it. The alien head should have a bit of a shine to it anyway.

Looks cool as it is. But if you did put some sort of coat over, you could do it in a way that hides the eye sockets of the skull so you couldn't see them as well. One thing always liked about Alien, is that there wasn't really anywhere to make eye contact. Just those big nashers staring back ready to punch a hole in your skull!

You can only see the skull in really bright lighting. That's under three halogen lights so it's pretty much the brightest you'd ever see it. It has painting on the inside that obscures much of the skull, particularly in the front.

I really wanted to like this figure.
As a general Alien figure, it looks nice...I'm sure the average moviegoer would be impressed. The detail and sculpt look great, and I bet the paint looks awesome in person - BUT - (I have HT Kane) ALIEN is my favorite movie of all time, and frankly.. I want a figure that looks like what we saw on the screen. To me, the Medicom is a closer fit to the movie look...but it's smaller scale stops me from buying.
I love the Kane figure, and desperately want a properly scaled Giger alien to go with it, but I'm stuck in limbo...Medicom = too small. Hot Toys = NOT the Giger design.

Sigh...so yeah, not trying to say you guys shouldn't enjoy it, but I'm going to have to hope that the new Ridley Scott film gives me another chance to own the Alien that I want.

One other thing, I have the giant NECA Alien, and it's really really accurate, and has nice sculpted detail..but lacks a certain level of quality in the materials used, paint apps, articulation and general fit/finish. For the price though, the NECA is the best alien toy you can buy (for the GIGER look).

I'm going to spend the money I had ear marked for this toy on the new (beautiful) T-800 preorder... no disappointments there!!

Oh yeah, and Hi to a few of the Alien fans I remember from the last time I posted here (months ago when the medicom release was still a preorder) -- abake, CelticP and Sabres21768... you guys are awesome for always demanding accuracy. you're not alone.

Welcome back dude!
There's always lots of alien love in these boards, so do come around more often!

Back