Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have IQ's dropped sharply recently? What inaccuracies...

At the very least *Product shown is not final** says it all.

Go get the Alien Quadrilogy Box Set.

Your naivety makes me laugh.

You're talking to actual ALIEN fans here noob. :rolleyes:

Whether you want to accept it, or not, this doesn't look like Giger's Alien.
It's a mediocre facsimile...at best.

And the "product show is not final" tag means nothing.
I'd put money on this being the final product...except the actual factory paint job won't be as good. :duh

Have IQ's dropped sharply recently? What inaccuracies...

At the very least *Product shown is not final** says it all.

Go get the Alien Quadrilogy Box Set.

Hai!

This is the Alien from the feature film "Alien".

alien1.jpg

Now...look at the Hot Toys Alien.

Did IQ's drop sharply...indeed.

Your naivety makes me laugh.

You're talking to actual ALIEN fans here noob. :rolleyes:

Whether you want to accept it, or not, this doesn't look like Giger's Alien.
It's a mediocre facsimile...at best.

And the "product show is not final" tag means nothing.
I'd put money on this being the final product...except the actual factory paint job won't be as good. :duh

I was a fan of the movie before the term 'noob' was invented. :rolleyes:

The "product shown is not final" tag means everything in this context.

Your whole argument is based on something that hasn't even occured. :duh You haven't seen the final product. :D Grow up...

I will keep :monkey2.

It was my last chance at having a Alien that can go with the rest of my Predators and HTs.....and its gone.

Hai!

the Alien from the feature film "Alien".

alien1.jpg

Now...look at the Hot Toys Alien.

Did IQ's drop sharply...indeed.

Yes, they have... Photos are a very subjective thing...

vlcsnap-2009-11-12-18h31m54s229.jpg

vlcsnap-2009-11-12-18h34m22s94.jpg

Just so we're clear, you guys are saying that the lower portion of the jaw is too thick?? in other words, the width of his lowers mouth is too big? Is there something else I'm not seeing :confused:

I love how Predanator posts loads of pix (all different, we know that there were several props), and not one of them looks like the Hot Toys Alien. Way to prove your point!

I think abake made a list of all the inaccuracies, but it's irrelevant really - if you can't see them, good for you. You will no doubt buy and enjoy the figure. For those that can, they are blindingly obvious.

it looks pretty close to the last pic there. The pics people keep showing are of when its about to 'bite' and its lips recede... now I'll grant you the toy looks nothing like this. Although I'd bet this would be a pretty impossible look to achieve and give the mouth functionality as well.

Innacuracies or not though, there's no way this can be called 'mediocre'.

The proportions are nothing like that last pic whatsoever. Just look at the size of the head. That's the Bolaji suit I think, and I don't think the Hot Toys one is even based on that head shape (which is much larger than the stunt head). Then there isthe shape of the dome front, the mouth, the teeth. All wrong.

In general terms it's similar, but Alien fans don't want similar. They want spot on.

I was a fan of the movie before the term 'noob' was invented. :rolleyes:

The "product shown is not final" tag means everything in this context.

Your whole argument is based on something that hasn't even occured. :duh You haven't seen the final product. :D Grow up...

Look kid...I'm going to hold you to your comments.

Hell, you even posted pics INVALIDATING any point you had.
So, thanks for that. :rotfl

When the final product comes out...AND IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME as we've been seeing for the last several months...except with a poor paint job...I'm going to have a great laugh at your expense.

It'll be so worth it.

And that's NOT subject to change...noob. :duh

Last edited:
the word "noob" is usually used as an argument when there are no other arguments.
exactly what is seen in the post above.
In general terms it's similar, but Alien fans don't want similar. They want spot on.
they never did. they posted pics from here with words "this is an original giger alien suit" and never noticed that it doesn't look even close to original alien. they were pleased.

Alien fans want the moon on a stick! Good for you, guys. Reach for the stars.

As for me, I am one of the more ignorant bums out there. Looks close, reminds me of the film, and I have no hardcore comic-book-guys coming round on a daily basis with alien photo albums or measuring callipers. as an action figure, i'm happy with it. It looks frigging cool too. If, however, one day I look at it and think "oh my god, HT the bar stewards have short changed me! my alien's face looks more like a half-eaten donut than a killer xeno!" i'll happily look for a statue or something that embodies complete movie accuracy.

in conclusion...
worst .... post ..... ever! (mine, that is... not yours DSD)

Look kid...I'm going to hold you to your comments.

Hell, you even posted pics INVALIDATING any point you had.
So, thanks for that. :rotfl

When the final product comes out...AND IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME as we've been seeing for the last several months...except with a poor paint job...I'm going to have a great laugh at your expense.

It'll be so worth it. :Flush

And that's NOT subject to change...noob. :duh

You do that... :lol

Ignore the FACTS and keep on flogging! :horse:

OK, we all know how certain people feel around here, we have been over it ad nauseam, I do find calling it mediocre insulting to the artists involved, but if you are unhappy then that's your prerogative.
But do we have to keep peddling over the same tired ground. If people want to revert to slanging matches please do it by PM, we are all sick and tired of the ?????ing!

I thank you.

Alien fans want the moon on a stick! Good for you, guys. Reach for the stars.

As for me, I am one of the more ignorant bums out there. Looks close, reminds me of the film, and I have no hardcore comic-book-guys coming round on a daily basis with alien photo albums or measuring callipers. as an action figure, i'm happy with it. It looks frigging cool too. If, however, one day I look at it and think "oh my god, HT the bar stewards have short changed me! my alien's face looks more like a half-eaten donut than a killer xeno!" i'll happily look for a statue or something that embodies complete movie accuracy.

in conclusion...
worst .... post ..... ever! (mine, that is... not yours DSD)

I think that's fair enough. I kind of envy you, except I'm not even that bothered because I'm not a 1/6th collector, I just like the film Alien. I'm quite happy with my Medicom Alien, and I can't wait for the Revoltech figure. But still, I'd rather be like you, because then there would be another cool Alien I could buy.

What irks is people stubbornly refusing to acknowledge any inaccuracies, and seemingly accusing people who really do know these things of nit-picking, or inventing them. These are expensive pieces, and when Hot Toys are claiming it's accurate, it's obviously going to annoy people when it patently isn't.

OK, we all know how certain people feel around here, we have been over it ad nauseam, I do find calling it mediocre insulting to the artists involved, but if you are unhappy then that's your prerogative.
But do we have to keep peddling over the same tired ground. If people want to revert to slanging matches please do it by PM, we are all sick and tired of the ?????ing!

I thank you.

The thing is...I like the figure. I don't particularly mind that it's not accurate.
And we all know that it's not. There just isn't any argument there.

Is it an Alien...yep. Is it a good sculpt...yep. Should the artist be proud of his sculpt...yep. Is it accurate...nope.

But, I'm not going to sit by while someone calls it accurate.

Those of us who call it "innacurate" are called out all the time.

What's the difference then when we call out those who think it is?

Wookster's just trying to move the conversation in a more friendly direction.

No one side's at fault, both sides are just better off accepting the other's point of view and moving on or as he suggested, discussing it outside of the thread.

If either point of view were winning over the other, the arguments might have value, but at this point, it's coming down to people proving how right they are that battle will go nowhere because the opposing folks aren't ever going to feel that they're right so it ends up a big pissing contest.

Wookster's just trying to move the conversation in a more friendly direction.

No one side's at fault, both sides are just better off accepting the other's point of view and moving on or as he suggested, discussing it outside of the thread.

If either point of view were winning over the other, the arguments might have value, but at this point, it's coming down to people proving how right they are that battle will go nowhere because the opposing folks aren't ever going to feel that they're right so it ends up a big pissing contest.

:clap:clap:clap

Back