Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't gotten the magnet(s) yet but this is a good teaser of what I've been working on.

dsc01852in.jpg

OMG -- I was just talking to Maulfan today about this very thing!

That looks awesome! I love it! Always thought the moto-cop needed something to make him... well, a T-1000.

Really would have made a great exclusive for Sideshow/Toy Hunters. Really simple actually. Hardest part is just finding a spare TT arm and magnets strong enough to hold the arm up.

Got T-1000 today!

Rockin' figure -- so much for such a reasonable price. The box is just rippin' with expertly crafted bits! I even like the "chrome" they used; much shinier than I thought.

Clothing is amazing. That helmet is so biyatchin'. Just excellent craftsmanship.

My only nit is a couple little air-bubble (now little black holes) and a paint rub on one of the pry bar arms. But the other one is perfect clean.

War-Gar, did you score him for $52 like some others here? I paid full price ($150 + shipping), but I am still happy with the piece.

Only a couple of personal nits: did anyone else receive pants, straight out of the box, where the velcro on his crotch is puffy and not really doing it's job? Also, the t-shirt collar can be quite difficult to get looking right. If you decide to switch heads, it can a challenge preventing the collar from sinking into the divot below the neck joint.

Nice work Buttmunch. Clever way of assembling it.

Though I must say, I don't really see the point considering he doesn't have a 1/6 helicopter to pilot. But I'm sure the pieces to make him didn't cost you an arm and a leg.

Cool idea Buttmunch, it looks suitably freaky. Like Difabio its not something I'd do without a 1/6th helicopter for him to pilot but it sets your biker T-1000 apart.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I do have a police motocyle for him so once I get the magnets I think I'll have him on the bike with the third arm allowing him to hang on to the bike with both hands and be able to aim him gun. So kinda like the helicopter. But yeah, it was an easy thing to make and isn't a permanent change to the figure either, so its just fun :)

Wait, someone was able to get the T-1000 for $52? That's actually pretty disgusting if true.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I do have a police motocyle for him so once I get the magnets I think I'll have him on the bike with the third arm allowing him to hang on to the bike with both hands and be able to aim him gun. So kinda like the helicopter. But yeah, it was an easy thing to make and isn't a permanent change to the figure either, so its just fun :)

Great minds!

Are you gonna customize your bike? Paint the saddle boxes black, etc?

If so, I got the proper logo that goes on the gas tank. PM me or check with Maulfan as I sent it to him last night. Gonna print that crest on a label and stick in on.

It was a mistake made by them though, it wasn't a well-known sale they were having on purpose.

And these handcuffs are pretty nice... I have a hard time bringing myself to put them in in belt compartment because of it.

The boiling/cold water trick did work... until the gun went into the hand. The thickness of the handle is pushing the fingers out. I had the thumb touching the middle finger. It held for sometime, again sadly until the gun went back in.

Yeah, I just got tired dealing with that, so I made it more of a "reloading" pose which the hand seems to pull off more convincingly.

Back