Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got T-1000 today!

Rockin' figure -- so much for such a reasonable price. The box is just rippin' with expertly crafted bits! I even like the "chrome" they used; much shinier than I thought.

Clothing is amazing. That helmet is so biyatchin'. Just excellent craftsmanship.

My only nit is a couple little air-bubble (now little black holes) and a paint rub on one of the pry bar arms. But the other one is perfect clean.

Thanks. One more question, do you know if that is the left hand that COMES with the figure? Looks like the hand is gripping the gun and Hot Toys didn't make a left hand like that for this guy.

No, it doesn't look like he's gripping it, it's my biggest complaint about the figure...they had plenty of time to add it in, i was complaining the very first day i saw pics of the proto, and i know others were doing the same.

The hot water trick doesn't work either, the sculpt is way different, the pinky and ring finger on the right trigger hand are all sculpted together helping give the tight grip look, as well as the straight index finger with the right bend...I was thinking about buying another left from TA, and really giving it a fix...i am sure there is someway it could be done but i would require some real work.

So right now, he has the hook hands, you can't tell that way! :p

M.

Its an oddity about that 'gun holding' left hand. Why on earth would they sculpt it to have a "kind-of" grip on the gun??

I think it's so you can do this "goin-for-the-gun" pose and that pose only:

100_7659.jpg

But yeah...it wouldn't hurt for them to make a generic trigger hand.

M.

....oh yeah! Well kudos to them for making 2 nice very specific hands for the T-1000 - that one and the wagging finger:nono They really had a fan's eye for certain moments in the film.

With everything they provided with this figure I don't think we can complain too much about there being no proper left trigger hand though. I haven't looked for one yet but I'm sure I must have one from a truetype purchase.

This is definitely an incredible figure for the price -- maybe the best deal HT has offered yet.

The fine details on the badge and weapons, etc, is a marvel. And the sculpt is awesome in hand. Yet one more HT homerun that looks like a real 1/6 scale person standing on your desk.

I can't wait to put the motorcycle cop together this weekend.

I had never had such enjoyment in creating alternative outfits and looks as I had with this figure. I was thrilled to find that I had all the parts to put together 5 versions with barely a compromise* at all.

*2 of my T-1000s don't have complete white t-shirts - I cut pieces off the Sideshow shirt to simulate a t-shirt collar - but it looks totally fine, you wouldn't know. Oh and the sideshow cop shirt I'm using on Donut head is a bit baggy, not too fussed about it though.

Last edited:
What's nice is that the different looks of the T-1000 really can make for distinct looking figures in a lineup, it it would look redundant I wouldn't go for 4 looks but each is so different it'll be nice to have each representation.

T-1000 is on backorder on SS site. Any word on how long it will be on BO? Thinking of using my reward points on it. Don't want to hear it gets canceled and the reward points are gone.

I can't compete with the magnificent pics already posted in this thread, so just two close-ups...

T-10001.jpg
T-10002.jpg

And....

The Trinity of 80's Monsters (well, almost 80's, wrong terminator)...

Trinityof80s.jpg

WG, your split head looks really good there. Wasn't so sure about that sculpt likeness, but I see a lot of Patrick's FACE there.

been super busy at work, but I ended up buying 4 of these. Honestly I feel that I would have been happy with 2 of them, but 3 is just so awesome! I think ill keep on MIB, but still thinking . . .

67681_10150285376740508_747120507_15530616_2674851_n.jpg

I had no idea the final fight version was a mix of the biker cop and regular, so that gives me an extra belt hahaha.

66534_10150285377625508_747120507_15530654_5431825_n.jpg

67643_10150285377705508_747120507_15530657_3505190_n.jpg

I gottsa ay the final fight and the biker cop are by far my favourite ones. Not a huge fan of the split had and metal arms compared to the others.

After a week of not shipping my TT (the guy "overlooked" my order and missed it until I emailed him) it's coming today!!!:yess:

I have all my parts to make a second T-1000. I'm going with Motorcycle cop beause it looks the most different from my Steel Mill one. I figure if I'm going to have 2 I mise will make the look really different.

Nice pics.

If I could just get a second cop belt I could build my Motorcycle cop. For a look I originally didn't want, I have sure come around to loving the biker cop now.

some pics from my t-1000s.

imagen214o.jpg

from his arrive.

imagen215.jpg

out of the box

imagen217y.jpg

alternative uniform.

imagen216w.jpg

with the donut head

imagen220r.jpg

some of the many faces of this guy.

Back