Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - The Boss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid full price for this POS :gah:. 209 bones, my friend.

I feel your pain. I think you deserve a rebate on your next HT. :lol

Can you believe she's the ONLY figure not selling here? She's still at XL Shop and stuff there sells like hot cakes. I'm just waiting for the day she'll drop to $100, which might happen.

Btw Naked Snake retails about $130, I think he's the cheapest HT figure listed at retail price. To think we all waited 2 years for these two.

And it's all about stupidly designed sneaking suits.

I swear to God HT can't desing their dolls for **** if it's not a "man in dress" type.

I'll see what I can do with the suit and body to make her more... HER.
HS is a food for the trash can without any doubt.

Up-close, the face looks like this (Plis was the first to mention it, and I'd have to agree):

non-1-sized.jpg

The suit is nicely tailored, and the accessories are good. But, the head-sculpt is poo p, and the bewbs need some serious surgery! :monkey4

I feel your pain. I think you deserve a rebate on your next HT. :lol

Can you believe she's the ONLY figure not selling here? She's still at XL Shop and stuff there sells like hot cakes. I'm just waiting for the day she'll drop to $100, which might happen.

Btw Naked Snake retails about $130, I think he's the cheapest HT figure listed at retail price. To think we all waited 2 years for these two.

Honestly, this figure warrants a class-action law suit :rotfl. Screw Hot Toys for making us wait two years, and then delivering these mediocre figures.

And it's all about stupidly designed sneaking suits.

I swear to God HT can't desing their dolls for **** if it's not a "man in dress" type.

And he doesn't even look like the game. The sneaking suit worn in MGS3 had a different texture than the 3Ds art which made it look more like a space suit. Plus the end product is horribly short and the outfit makes Snake look stumpy. And the less I say about that head sculpt the better.

I'm srsly afraid of how their Raiden gonna look like...

I think recent games will be fine, we shouldn't worry.

Probably.

I think Hot Toys should be fine if they're making a figure from Rising, since Raiden has more armored parts in that game, and less musculature. An MGS 4 figure would have me worried...

Well, that sucks. I think I'm done with collecting Hot Toys rubber figures. Even if it's MGS, I'd probably pass on it.
Yep, same here.
I really don't understand why couldn't they make BDU NS, young Ocelot, EVA... Those are so much better choices :gah:

I said it in HT Brometheus thread, I'll say it here - RETARDED MARKETING.

Yep, same here.
I really don't understand why couldn't they make BDU NS, young Ocelot, EVA... Those are so much better choices :gah:

I said it in HT Brometheus thread, I'll say it here - RETARDED MARKETING.

The BDU would been the most logical choice for Big Boss, since it's the most iconic look for the character. No idea why Hot Toys seems so obsessed with rubber, for some reason :slap.

Sadly, there are so many great MGS figures that will never be made by them. I honestly would have preferred an EVA figure instead of The Boss.

I can't control my self cuz it looks like the wait is over and I'm buying Dav Bowss for $110 + shipp :lol
Excited to see what can be done to make this one look good.
Bin the head. Instant improvement .....

Once upon a time this figure was 6550 Yen. That's around $64US. When was the last time you saw an HT figure at that price?

Hot Trash. :lol

Oh well, let's just hope the MGS4 Raiden will be good. I recall HT has improved their rubber since the DX09 so I have faith that it'll be great.

That being said, I can't help but notice HT trying to outdo Medicom by going for similar figures, first MGS3 Snake now MGS4 Raiden. The Medi Raiden was fine and still is. Rising Raiden would be a far better choice.

I've got the boss as a Xmas present this year from my gf

Cost me £95 shipped. You'd be silly not to if your a MGS3 fan despite the horrible hs although to admit it could be a lot worse imo

Get a custom HS and it'd still be around retail and it'd look fine

The BDU would been the most logical choice for Big Boss, since it's the most iconic look for the character. No idea why Hot Toys seems so obsessed with rubber, for some reason :slap.

Sadly, there are so many great MGS figures that will never be made by them. I honestly would have preferred an EVA figure instead of The Boss.

They choose interesting designs cause its more complicated, more a challenge. I remember the head of HT said that in an interview.

Also why wouldn't MGS4 raiden be rubber, there's no other way to make that suit?

I actually like the MGS3 sneaking suit a lot

Don't get me wrong a bdu version would have been great too but I ain't upset in the slightest about the sneaking suit versions

I actually like the MGS3 sneaking suit a lot

Don't get me wrong a bdu version would have been great too but I ain't upset in the slightest about the sneaking suit versions

Same here, I guess initially they were planning to release multiple version of Snake, to cash in but demands was so low I am surprised the price on sideshow hasn't gone down yet.

Back