Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - The Boss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a darn accurate sculpt to me.

475039_347515188643811_138228759572456_1047825_44724599_o.jpg

metal-gear-solid-snake-eater-3d_-0001.jpg

^ exactly, that's how we see the scar slithered away like a snake at the end of the fight.

Even my mom says the HS looks like a man. Kojima, u can't allow this :slap

I don't see what's off. Neither the figure or the CG looks like Charlotte Rampling.
Well it's all subjective of course, but the game shot looks a lot more like her than the figure in my opinion (I can tell the game model is supposed to look like her, but the HT sculpt bears no resemblance to me). And like I said before, the game model definitely has suggestions of femininity that don't come through in the HT sculpt to me. If you haven't played the game through, not being as familiar with her face, it might be harder to notice how off the sculpt is. I'm not always picky about HT sculpts, but this is one where, to me, they really missed the mark.

I can see how people feel she looks a bit manly. That being said, I still think this is a good representation for Boss. I think maybe the jaw could have been a "tad" softer but she still needs to feel more rugged and battle worthy than just some supermodel that wouldn't fit the character at all. Snake looks pretty much like Snake. I wish they would make a 1/4 scale sniper wolf statue!!!

Guys, about the head-sculpt, both Kojima and Shinkawa were involved in the approval process for these figures (like they always are). So, most likely that's the way they wanted The Boss' face to be designed, and I'm guessing that she's not supposed to look like Charlotte Rampling anymore.

Guys, about the head-sculpt, both Kojima and Shinkawa were involved in the approval process for these figures (like they always are). So, most likely, that's the way they wanted The Boss' face to be designed, and I'm guessing that she's not supposed to look like Charlotte Rampling anymore.

Well its not because they aprouved it that we should say it looks good.

It isn't bad but to me way to far from the game representation.

Looks great. I don't remember how many times I finished MGS 3, HT's Boss is pretty dead on. Those eyes, that dead stare they gave her is amazing.

Well its not because they aprouved it that we should say it looks good.

It isn't bad but to me way to far from the game representation.

That's not what I meant. Like I mentioned before, character designs tend to change with each new MGS game. For example: Snake's facial transformation from MGS 3 to Peace Walker, and then to 3DS. So maybe, The Boss isn't supposed to look like Charlotte Rampling, like she did previously.

Something is just slightly off with the headscuplt reminds me of the DX T-800, the accesories are awesome hopefully the scuplt will improve before release.

That's not what I meant. Like I mentioned before, character designs tend to change with each new MGS game. For example: Snake's facial transformation from MGS 3 to Peace Walker, and then to 3DS. So maybe, The Boss isn't supposed to look like Charlotte Rampling, like she did previously.

Yeah I can understand that.
But still it is missing a small feminine look though.
She look too she-male atm IMO.

Yeah I can understand that.
But still it is missing a small feminine look though.
She look too she-male atm IMO.

Yeah, I'm not digging the re-design either :(. Maybe if they gave the eye-brows a more flatted look (and a less serious one) and widened the cheek area, then she'd look more recognizable.

Yeah, I'm not digging the re-design either :(. Maybe if they gave the eye-brows a more flatted look (and a less serious one) and widened the cheek area, then she'd look more recognizable.

Yes I think the same.
But I can't get how horrible the crotch area look on the HT female body :(

Back