Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - The Boss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ht_wtf_boss.jpg

Gotta say it all looks pretty spot on, only thing would be to soften the brow on the face and have a fully sculpted torso
Considering how similar those pics are to one another, the head in general stands out as being disproportionately large on the HT figure. The facial structure around the jawline also seems too square, and the facial features (nose, eyes) seem larger on the HT figure in general. Also, as has been pointed out, the body seems to lack the curves of the source material, which doesn't help the manly vibe people are getting from it.

The large head is a bit surprising considering that HT typically gives us heads that are way too small.

Hey guys I have a general Flex Pay question. So will I not get Free Shipping even if I pay off the item before it ships? Seems a bit silly to me.

Hey guys I have a general Flex Pay question. So will I not get Free Shipping even if I pay off the item before it ships? Seems a bit silly to me.

No, you'll still get the free shipping. It's strange, but right now, they seem to apply the "free shipping" to flex pay orders as well. I recently had both 89' Batman and Nicholson Joker on flex and got free shipping with both of them.

No, you'll still get the free shipping. It's strange, but right now, they seem to apply the "free shipping" to flex pay orders as well. I recently had both 89' Batman and Nicholson Joker on flex and got free shipping with both of them.

Ah okay good to hear. They should really fix up the wording on their site then.

Is it just me, or are all of HT's female figures bobble-headed?

They've always had trouble with female figures, and I can't readily say that the Boss is their best one yet. Still, it's the only one of her we'll likely get, so this is acceptable, as is, in my opinion.

Ah okay good to hear. They should really fix up the wording on their site then.

I know! But, what's worse, is now that everything qualifies for free shipping, the reward points become practically useless, since you can't apply them to items with discounted shipping :monkey2.

Ahem... make the shoelaces white!

Their truetype female body just doesn't have very good proportions for the figures they've done. They have no hips, and too skinny (especially the arms and legs). This is apparent in nearly all of their female figures.

Is it just me, or are all of HT's female figures bobble-headed?

They've always had trouble with female figures, and I can't readily say that the Boss is their best one yet. Still, it's the only one of her we'll likely get, so this is acceptable, as is, in my opinion.

That's a good assessment. Perhaps the figures look bobble-headed because the HT bodies are too skinny? To me, The Boss figure seems to be missing all of her "lady curves" (thighs, hips, butt, etc).

Too order these or not order these is the question plus I just saw three a halo figure looks amazing but there starting with halo reach.

It's a shame because I think they got the accessories and outfit (assuming you can zip it up) perfectly. The face sculpt is a mess, the way they handled her chest is bizarre, and the body just doesn't seem to work well with the character proportionally.

Ahem... make the shoelaces white!

Their truetype female body just doesn't have very good proportions for the figures they've done. They have no hips, and too skinny (especially the arms and legs). This is apparent in nearly all of their female figures.

The knees pad should be the same material as Snake's costume too

It's a shame because I think they got the accessories and outfit (assuming you can zip it up) perfectly. The face sculpt is a mess, the way they handled her chest is bizarre, and the body just doesn't seem to work well with the character proportionally.

I wouldn't say the heads a mess, it could use a bit of work but i see the boss, it's only when you place it right next to game image that use notice the details IMO.

From this angle, she definitely looks like The Boss. I'm happy with the figure as is (maybe I'm just too much of a fan), but improvements will be more than welcomed on her face. And if HT can get around to changing the body, even better.

414640_347515145310482_138228759572456_1047824_1113735239_o.jpg

I wouldn't say the heads a mess, it could use a bit of work but i see the boss, it's only when you place it right next to game image that use notice the details IMO.

Now that you mention it, I think that The Boss suffers from the same syndrome as the new 1/6 Arnold T-800 figure :lol.

Needs smoother, less-freckled skin. Her facial structure is fairly masculine in nature, so HT needs to offset that with a fairer complexion.

That's why this picture looks as good as it does; the brighter lighting makes her skin less rugged and tan. The hair, too.

^Hmm... I never thought about the lighting might playing such a big role in how the figure looks. Interesting. Interesting indeed.

Back