Hot Toys Marvel Comics: War Machine 1/6 scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read something earlier today about Warner Bros. not giving two ****s about what it's audience actually wanted from it's DC films, and I feel like this may be the same argument.
It's been that way with Hot Toys since the start. Out of every company out there, Hot Toys gives zero ****s about their fanbase. Zero communication on social media. Zero communication on anything. Never asks for feedback. They just do whatever they want because people will buy their stuff regardless. The Mark 85 sculpt being changed is probably the only time in history that I've seen them speak out about anything like that. Even that was probably because people in Hong Kong were vocal about it.

Was genuinely surprised & excited that they would continue the line this early, but the higher def. pic showing the presumed to be plastic covering torso sure was a letdown.
Been over a year since I ordered my last HT figure and here is another pass :dunno

Do Not Settle fellow collectors!!!

Keep pushing for what we really want; non crappy plastic and unnecessary artistic changes to the ACTUAL comic origins designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6be88058fd89bad19f1c7fe1daa009de.jpg

This is the preview pic brightened up a bit to see the details. Cannot tell if it has the plastic or not.
To me possibly looks like it does not but maybe that is wishful thinking.

Stick together anti crystal plastic Iron Man Collectors!!!!

I see nothing from this new picture to indicate any sort of clear “outer-shell” like the one Iron Man has. And just because the Iron Man figure has that clear plastic shell I don’t have any reason to assume that War Machine would have one.

Of course I could be wrong about this as I stopped collecting comics decades ago, but a force field seems much more like an Iron Man type thing than a War Machine thing.

I see nothing from this new picture to indicate any sort of clear “outer-shell” like the one Iron Man has. And just because the Iron Man figure has that clear plastic shell I don’t have any reason to assume that War Machine would have one.

Of course I could be wrong about this as I stopped collecting comics decades ago, but a force field seems much more like an Iron Man type thing than a War Machine thing.
It's pretty obvious from the teaser that he has clear abs, undies and arms like Iron Man. I don't see this clear thing changing at all. They seem to love it for some god awful reason.

It's pretty obvious from the teaser that he has clear abs, undies and arms like Iron Man. I don't see this clear thing changing at all. They seem to love it for some god awful reason.

Yeah that is what it looks like to me as well.
Man tho. If they just did not have the clear plastic parts. I think War Machine will be double the pain seeing it with the plastic since he would look so amazing without.

Yeah that is what it looks like to me as well.
Man tho. If they just did not have the clear plastic parts. I think War Machine will be double the pain seeing it with the plastic since he would look so amazing without.

I think this and Iron Man figure is one of the more infuriating things I've see from Hot Toys. Such awesome looking figures based on the classic comic look and they just completely ruin it with something that can be avoided with "HEY! Maybe we should allow people to swap out all the clear pieces!"

Heck, include clear pieces for the entire figure if you love it so much but how does it not cross your mind to at least give us the option to swap them all out? Either go all the way and force the clear pieces to the entire figure or allow us to take it all off. Not this half assed version where the figure is half painted and half covered in clear cheap looking plastic.

Those clear parts are also gonna yellow over time 100%.

I think this and Iron Man figure is one of the more infuriating things I've see from Hot Toys. Such awesome looking figures based on the classic comic look and they just completely ruin it with something that can be avoided with "HEY! Maybe we should allow people to swap out all the clear pieces!"

Heck, include clear pieces for the entire figure if you love it so much but how does it not cross your mind to at least give us the option to swap them all out? Either go all the way and force the clear pieces to the entire figure or allow us to take it all off. Not this half assed version where the figure is half painted and half covered in clear cheap looking plastic.

Those clear parts are also gonna yellow over time 100%.

100 percent. I really worry about the longevity of those clear pieces. All we can do is constantly voice our displeasure. There are a lot of us.

I think it is most disappointing because they did something so fresh, novel and nostalgic for those that really love Iron Man. I have always wanted a comic faithful IM and War Machine. It makes absolutely no sense. Who have the go ahead on this?

If people are also complaining loudly on FB and Instagram, Hot Toys will have to take note and make changes.

They don't care about complaints for other licenses, but when it comes to Marvel they'll listen. The same thing happened with Endgame Rogers sculpt and Stark.

If people are also complaining loudly on FB and Instagram, Hot Toys will have to take note and make changes.

They don't care about complaints for other licenses, but when it comes to Marvel they'll listen. The same thing happened with Endgame Rogers sculpt and Stark.

Dude this is what I want. This is what I think most collectors want. This is worse than the MK85 head sculpt. I have never been so passionate about steering a figure/figures back in the right direction. Because what we have previewed is wrong for me, wrong for nearly every other collector. Why do we see that but those that make these decisions don?t ?

Didn?t someone confirm that the plastic shell (crystal shields) are removable?

Even if they were, where would you get solid red color parts to replace the clear plastic ones with? Abs, Back, Neck, Shoulder clear plastic pieces are obviously not meant to be removed and if you remove them the figure will look even worse because Hot Toys only provide replacement parts for arms, chest, and legs.

So, why do I feel like this is gonna become another Iron Man line?? :(

Come on HT, so much potential with a Marvel Comic Line. I'm fine with a classic Iron Man (if the clear parts were removeable) and this War Machine, but please let the eventual next figure NOT be another Iron Man.

Go for the core original classic Avengers... Comic Cap, Thor & Hulk!!

Same. It?s really a shame . I don?t really care for HT anymore as a company but I really would love mcfarlene spidey and symbiote spidey and wolverine. Comic cap aswell

No. They are not all removeable. The back, neck, shoulders, abs, undies and foot are all stuck with clear pieces. Even if you can take those parts off, which they're most likely glued in, you end up with a half finished looking figure. The shoulder circle would be missing, half the foot would be missing and etc.

This is the most you can get with removing stuff on the figure. Looks like some half wrapped piece of furniture.

tcfnr9s.jpg

Haha half wrapped piece of furniture! So true.

For me the chest piece looks like he is topless or something.

Why even have removable parts if they aren?t all removable? It looks super silly.

I just want to know what the plastic parts will look like in hand...no studio lighting or photoshop.

So I'm gonna be THAT guy...but I'm glad HT botched this line already. I really don't need more of a reason to spend even MORE money on toys...crisis for my wallet has been successfully avoided! :lol

So I'm gonna be THAT guy...but I'm glad HT botched this line already. I really don't need more of a reason to spend even MORE money on toys...crisis for my wallet has been successfully avoided! :lol

That’s why I can’t be too mad about it:lol

Back