Hot Toys Man Of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol It's Hot Toys, they're not known for doing what is "obvious." They're full force Iron Man right now. Once MOS hits theaters they will see how popular it is and start cranking out the figures.

I really2 doubt HT couldn't see the potential on MoS. They just saving the best for last and surpised us with the unexpected although we expect thisss a lott lol.

I'll bet we'll at least get three figures. We know they have plans for Jor-El, he'll likely be released first to get people hyped for the Man of Steel himself.

It'll probably be in this order too;

Jor-El
Superman
Armored Zod (if sales are good)

Edit: Didn't Irish Jedi pretty much confirm that these were being made? I thought he said he saw the Prototypes or something.......

I found the soundtrack promo album available to download yesterday. It includes 1m teasers of all tracks and the audio of all the trailers so far, both with and without voices.

I am digging Craig Armstrong - Weather Storm. It fits perfectly when Clark soars above the sky!

Could also be that they need WB's approval and such. Maybe WB is taking forever on reviewing parts of the figure? Maybe WB put a strict date on them on when they could show the figure.

Really strange. You would think Hot Toys would want to show this off ASAP.
I think it is more of a "street date" kind of thing on when they have a green light. The earliest stuff we got to PO was from DC Collectinles with their 1/6 statues. Imagine how many ppl wouldve passed on those if HT had already even just teased their figure? Even I was tempted to get those just from being impatient and wanting something from MoS. I'm more than sure that there is a rhythm of "let's allow this (being the DCC statues) first to generate early sales to ride the anticipation wave, and slowly allow other companies to show and put their items for sale" over at DC/WB. It allows them to make the most money instead of showing everything at once and making collectors choose.

:lol It's Hot Toys, they're not known for doing what is "obvious." They're full force Iron Man right now. Once MOS hits theaters they will see how popular it is and start cranking out the figures.
:lecture

I've been patiently waiting for these, a few more weeks won't hurt. Interest/anticipation for the HT figures is only growing. HT will reveal these at the right time, when that anticipation is at it's highest. Right now ppl are still on Iron Man (not just figures but the movie itself). That hype needs to die down before anything new is shown. I think the new Joker is a sign of that happening. Just give it a little more time I say. HT knows the true Superman and MoS fans aren't going anywhere, but they want to hopefully bring in other ppl who aren't particularly a fan either

I'll bet we'll at least get three figures. We know they have plans for Jor-El, he'll likely be released first to get people hyped for the Man of Steel himself.

Jor-El
Superman

Edit: Didn't Irish Jedi pretty much confirm that these were being made? I thought he said he saw the Prototypes or something.......

I'm thinking the same and yep IrishJedi did say he saw a ton of prototypes and that Snyder signed off on them so we're definitely getting (from the sounds at least) a few figures from this movie...as always, the question is just "when?"

Repost of IrishJedi's original post:
We saw a ton of photos of the HT prototypes a couple of weeks ago. I can't say more except that they're very, very cool. I'll get them. Zack/Legendary/WB signed off on their approval. I think they might still be waiting on Cavill and DC, but that could be done now, too.

Last edited:

Jor-El
Superman

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

And I hope he looks something like this.....

SEP10427.jpg

I really hope Superman is first. I'm already jonesing just to see the first promo pics of this guy, let alone having to wait months to actually have him in hand. I need Superman to be made first and I need him to come out on a similar schedule to the DX12 (by the end of 2013) :pray:. If Hot Toys ends up doing Jor El First to "build up the hype", I'm going to blow my ****ing mind. :gah:

I might be in trouble if they release Superman, Zod and Jor-el because I'm already on the hook for a lot of Iron Man/Avengers stuff, but these would be hard to resist.

How much Iron Man 3/Phase 2 stuff I buy is dependant on how much they do from this. The thought of being able to display a Man of Steel collection next to my Dark Knight Trilogy one is just too much for me to resist. The movie hasn't even been released yet and I know already that I'm all in for whatever Hot Toys makes. But then again, in all honesty, I've always been more of a DC guy, so DC stuff will always trump Marvel stuff for me.

I might be in trouble if they release Superman, Zod and Jor-el because I'm already on the hook for a lot of Iron Man/Avengers stuff, but these would be hard to resist.

Same here. Anything from that line is a must for me.

I'm glad IM3 made me not want any IM figures so I'm in the clear to get each and every one of these. Reeeally hoping we get a Faora!

Last edited:
I'm glad IM3 made me not want any IM figures so I'm in the clear to get each and every one of these. Reeeally hoping we get a Faora!

You didn't like IM3?????????? I sure did..

however I think the BEST is yet to come.......MOS...I have huge expectations....

You didn't like IM3?????????? I sure did..

however I think the BEST is yet to come.......MOS...I have huge expectations....

It was ok. better than IM2 but not by much.

But yea, huge expectations for MoS but I'm sure I'll like either way. Hell I like Superman Returns and we know how the majority of the folks didn't like that so I'm not worried. My GF however doesn't like superman and has never seen a Superman movie before so she's kinda iffy on if she'll like it or not

Oh god! IM3 reviews have invaded another thread! :D I take full responsibility. I WISH I didn't like the movie and could save some money. Sadly...

As tempted as I've been for other DC stuff (not Nolan Batman though... really dislike the design of the batsuit though I like the movies overall) I just really love the design work, here. So provided the movie isn't totally off-putting, I am definitely up for a lot of these.

I agree Faora would be great, too.

I had sort of the same reaction. Iron Man 3 wasn't bad but it was a bit of a letdown. Glad I didn't pre-order the Mark XLII as I was pretty close to it. I honestly think I'll just stick with DC stuff as I've always been more of a fan of their characters anyways honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back