Hot Toys Keaton Batman Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a HT Keaton Batman?

• Would Buy

Votes: 248 65.6%
  • Would Not Buy

Votes: 57 15.1%
  • Depends on Proto / In-Hand pics

Votes: 73 19.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
just been watching Batman and Returns, and I still really enjoy these movies. I like the almost fairy tale mood that Burton uses. Keaton was great as Batman, but not so good as Bruce Wayne. I'd love if HT did both suits.

F * CK YEAH! One of my most wanted figures. Definitely need one to replace the mom-beating, shout-happy tyrant in my collection.

I dunno, I think Bale's off-screen behavior makes him more right as Batman. As right as having an HT Keaton...

Probably one of my most wanted figures so hell yes!!

Keaton was THE batman to me, he was interesting and hard-boiled. It's time they made a figure.

Last edited:
The original Batman was good but the rest were terrible. Bad acting, bad stories and Gotham looking like an amusement park with all the silly colors... YUCK. I will say that Keaton did a pretty good job as Batman though but not good enough for me to want a figure of him.

Silly colors??? Watch the movies! You are talking about Schumacher. Burton's gothic batman movies are almost devoid of color.

Batman Returns is the best movie of the series but it's not really a batman movie, more a Tim Burton movie.

I do have a feeling that the Keaton batman license is unattainable or to expensive. I mean HT (and other companies) must have noticed all the custom figs yet no company has ever released a good figure.

After all the posts around here about a Keaton Batman I'm surprised at how close the voting is.

Personally, I have no interest in a Keaton Batman. Catwoman? Sure. Penguin? You betcha. And I must be the only person whose most-wanted figure is a Chris O'Donnell Robin (yeah, the movie was bad, but loved his suit). But that's pretty much all I would ever get from the Burton/Schumacher films.

Keaton played Batman in a very understated, real way. To me, I bought that a man who saw his parents murdered and felt compelled to don a suit to fight crime wouldn't be raged filled, per se. He'd glare at his criminals. He'd be short in his speech and often wouldn't say much at all. I also like Bale, he has grown on me over time, but I do like how Keaton had that strong yet very quiet demeanor to the character.

I vote yes, because if HT does produce a Keaton Batman, that means there's a possibility of a.......

Nicholson Joker!!

I would like an HT Nicholson Joker standing right next to my HT Ledger Joker (and upcoming DX Joker). The custom 89 Joker figures I've seen on this board are awesome, but thinking what HT could do is exciting.

HT, with their current sculpting and painting techniques (and moving eyes), could hit this out of the ball park.

Oh, and Keaton Batman would look nice too. :D

Silly colors??? Watch the movies! You are talking about Schumacher. Burton's gothic batman movies are almost devoid of color.

Batman Returns is the best movie of the series but it's not really a batman movie, more a Tim Burton movie.

I do have a feeling that the Keaton batman license is unattainable or to expensive. I mean HT (and other companies) must have noticed all the custom figs yet no company has ever released a good figure.

I think he was talking aboot the Shoemaker films.

Sorry, you are right... Returns wasn't all goofy colors but it still wasn't as good as Batman. The acting in Returns was just terrible.

I would love it if Hot Toys made one. I would take any figures from any of the Batman films. Even B and R!

He never beat his mom, and everyone gets pissed.
That being said, YES. I want one.

So? Aside from being a decent actor, I've never really heard a positive thing about him as a person. I don't even think he's all that great as Batman. Give me Keaton over him, any day.

Sorry, you are right... Returns wasn't all goofy colors but it still wasn't as good as Batman. The acting in Returns was just terrible.

I thought the acting was rather excellent. Devito's Penguin is in my opinion the greatest of all the batman villains.

I say yes I would buy one - and it would be the prize of my collection.

So? Aside from being a decent actor, I've never really heard a positive thing about him as a person. I don't even think he's all that great as Batman. Give me Keaton over him, any day.

I think Bale is a far superior Batman and far superior Wayne than Keaton ever was, but I still grew up on the Keaton version, and so I think a top quality depiction of Keaton's Batman is essential to my collection (I pretty much only collect Batman stuff)

I thought the acting was rather excellent. Devito's Penguin is in my opinion the greatest of all the batman villains.
It was all a bit over the top when compared to the "gritty realism" that we've come to expect from a Bat-movie, but I think that it fit well into Tim Burton's wacky vision. Certainly, even Pheifer's melodramatic Catwoman was far from horrible when compared to the acting in ^^^^macher's movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back