Hot Toys Justice League The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure they'll have bought this by then if that's the case.

Mmm, not me! Not sure how representative I am of this type of fan. But I love MoS and BvS and hopefully the Snyder cut of JL if we ever get to see it. But I have limited space with which to display figures, for one thing.

The ones I own are:

BvS Batman
BvS Armored Battle Damaged Batman
Tac Suit JL Batman
JL Wonder Woman
and I have on preorder JL Superman

Basically I just want to display the DC trinity. I can swap out the Batman figures from time to time.

JL Superman, if it remains as shown in the prototype pics and videos at Comic-cons, is exactly what I want to represent Superman: warmer skin tone repainted BvS head sculpt paired with a brighter and warmer colored suit. Couldn't care less about grimacing heat vision face, and will never use it.

I may eventually pick up BvS Supes on the secondary market... I do expect the price to drop after release of JL Superman, provided it is a popular figure.

Right now I have no plans to get any other Snyderverse HT figures--as much as I love the Snyder DC films. That includes BvS and MoS Superman, any other versions of Gal's Wonder Woman, Flash, JL Aquaman, solo film Aquaman, etc.

But especially if/when the Snyder cut of JL releases... and I do think it will, eventually... I may really wish I had the full set of JL characters.

That said, who knows if we'll actually get the Snyder cut! And if we do, how satisfying it will be given how compromised it is due to the script rewrite, i.e., condensing part one of a two-parter into a single film and scrapping the original 5 film arc of MoS, BvS, JL, JL 2, and JL 3.

In any event, I'm not so enamored of the theater release Flash or Aquaman that I feel that their figures are must-have currently. (The actors did their best but it's a bad film.) But that may change with whatever is done with the Justice Leaguers in the Snyder cut. If I like it I'll have to get them all, probably.

Mmm, not me!

If by your own account the only thing that'd get you to buy this is the Snyder Cut being released, then I don't think that says much about the after market for this figure.

27d81a7719c693148b6079127a2b4e60.jpg

Amazing pic ... Snyder vision ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOVE that pic...that makes me want to keep my Batman and Superman and pick up the Flash and Aquaman. Now the question is which one should I get first?

Also.....1900th post!!!!!!! :clap:yess::panic::dance:bunnydanc:banana:fireworks:mexwave

If by your own account the only thing that'd get you to buy this is the Snyder Cut being released, then I don't think that says much about the after market for this figure.

Yeah, good point. How many Snyderverse fans that feel as I do are also HT collectors I cannot say. There may be enough of them to determine a decent value ffor the figure. But there may not!

July 3 will arrive to Sideshow. today I received a mail.

I got the email too. Really hoping he impresses me more than Aquaman has so far.

I also got an email, but instead of the "make sure you have funds or make changes before xx/xx email" it said "Your order for The Flash (AABxxxx) is eligible for early processing on Fri Jun 28th, 2019. Would you like us to charge on that day and then ship it to you right away? Is this what you guys got too? This version of the email makes it sound like it's ready to ship. My status on Sideshow is now : Preparing to ship. I can't wait!

I also got an email, but instead of the "make sure you have funds or make changes before xx/xx email" it said "Your order for The Flash (AABxxxx) is eligible for early processing on Fri Jun 28th, 2019. Would you like us to charge on that day and then ship it to you right away? Is this what you guys got too? This version of the email makes it sound like it's ready to ship. My status on Sideshow is now : Preparing to ship. I can't wait!

I received the exact same email.

I read Silver Age Flash comics as a kid, and in recent years I really liked the Flashpoint: Paradox graphic novel and animated movie. Watched the CW series season 1 and liked it well enough, but lost interest early in season 2 (only watched the first episode, iirc).

I don't have a particularly deep attachment to the Flash character, honestly. The only really deep affinity for any superhero character that I have is for Superman and Batman.

Anyway, I kind of liked Miller's take. I think they were going for a persona vaguely resembling Asperger's but perhaps without him actually being on the spectrum. But he had a kind of youthful enthusiasm and awe for the superheroes surrounding him, and a humility, that made him an Everyman. For me personally it was okay that that didn't match Barry Allen of the comics. I was fine with the reinvention.

I read Silver Age Flash comics as a kid, and in recent years I really liked the Flashpoint: Paradox graphic novel and animated movie. Watched the CW series season 1 and liked it well enough, but lost interest early in season 2 (only watched the first episode, iirc).

I don't have a particularly deep attachment to the Flash character, honestly. The only really deep affinity for any superhero character that I have is for Superman and Batman.

Anyway, I kind of liked Miller's take. I think they were going for a persona vaguely resembling Asperger's but perhaps without him actually being on the spectrum. But he had a kind of youthful enthusiasm and awe for the superheroes surrounding him, and a humility, that made him an Everyman. For me personally it was okay that that didn't match Barry Allen of the comics. I was fine with the reinvention.

Personally the Justice League Flash just felt like a personality rip off of Tom Hollands Spiderman. And not nearly as good.

But maybe that was just me ??

Personally the Justice League Flash just felt like a personality rip off of Tom Hollands Spiderman. And not nearly as good.

But maybe that was just me ??

Just a similar concept I think. SMH started filing in April 2016 and JL began filming in June 2016, just a couple months apart.

I honestly wonder what the characters are like in the Snyder cut. There's the rushed, next-to-no-budget, mostly rewritten and reshot 2:01 theater release (complete with mustache-gate) debacle. And there is the 3:34 Snyder cut.

Back