Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still one of my favourite figures

Attachments

• 261815E7-853A-4CC6-9A53-51E4865B9FB9.jpeg
    261815E7-853A-4CC6-9A53-51E4865B9FB9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
A question for people - a very tiny bit of the paint on my emblem has rubbed off. Has anyone had the same issue and if so, how did you remedy it?

A question for people - a very tiny bit of the paint on my emblem has rubbed off. Has anyone had the same issue and if so, how did you remedy it?

If it’s noticeable I’d send it out to a professional painter.

Dang, was hoping to hear if someone just had put a tiny bit of acrylic paint or so on theirs. But I'll look around for a few painters. Appreciate the tip!

I mean you could try that for sure. Can you post a pic so we can see how bad it is?

I’ve always wondered if there is a way to fix the boots where they bunch up at the ankles? Everyone’s seem to do this and I never see anyone mod them..

I’ve always wondered if there is a way to fix the boots where they bunch up at the ankles? Everyone’s seem to do this and I never see anyone mod them..
Agreed. I imagine it is due to the split between boot/foot and leg on the body underneath.

If that gap could be plugged perhaps the outer suit would not creep in there ? But that would stop any articulation and not sure what sort of material you could use that would not damage the suit material.

Agreed. I imagine it is due to the split between boot/foot and leg on the body underneath.

If that gap could be plugged perhaps the outer suit would not creep in there ? But that would stop any articulation and not sure what sort of material you could use that would not damage the suit material.
The thought of trying to trial and error to fix it terrifies me 🤣

So, I don't know about this figure, but on the BvS figure, the top of the boots were lightly glued in place. All you have to do is very slowly and carefully peel the top of the boots away from the suit at the calves, then just pull the boots up until the wrinkles are gone. The boots will stay in place without regluing them.

So, I don't know about this figure, but on the BvS figure, the top of the boots were lightly glued in place. All you have to do is very slowly and carefully peel the top of the boots away from the suit at the calves, then just pull the boots up until the wrinkles are gone. The boots will stay in place without regluing them.
The boots will crunch at the ankles no matter what.

The boots will crunch at the ankles no matter what.
Have you done this before? I’ve done this twice and didn’t have the problem afterwards, so I have to disagree that "The boots will crunch at the ankles no matter what." Plus, custom artist do this exact thing with pretty much every Cavill figure to get rid of the wrinkle at the ankle. So, I'm not sure why you're so positive that what I'm suggesting doesn't work? :dunno

Edit: I’m not saying to just massage the boots up at the ankle and hope they stay. That's not going to do anything. I’m saying peel the boots off the suit at the top edge where the wing tips are (V-shape) all around the calves, grab at both sides and pull until the wrinkle is gone. Sort of like pulling up a pair of high socks. Of course, be more gentle here, but doing so will get rid of the wrinkle. If you want to definitely be sure that they won’t fall back down, just use a bit of double sided fabric tape instead of glue to for sure secure them in place. That’s what I was going to do, but it turned out to not be necessary

Last edited:
Have you done this before? I’ve done this twice and didn’t have the problem afterwards, so I have to disagree that "The boots will crunch at the ankles no matter what." Plus, custom artist do this exact thing with pretty much every Cavill figure to get rid of the wrinkle at the ankle. So, I'm not sure why you're so positive that what I'm suggesting doesn't work? :dunno

Edit: I’m not saying to just massage the boots up at the ankle and hope they stay. That's not going to do anything. I’m saying peel the boots off the suit at the top edge where the wing tips are (V-shape) all around the calves, grab at both sides and pull until the wrinkle is gone. Sort of like pulling up a pair of high socks. Of course, be more gentle here, but doing so will get rid of the wrinkle. If you want to definitely be sure that they won’t fall back down, just use a bit of double sided fabric tape instead of glue to for sure secure them in place. That’s what I was going to do, but it turned out to not be necessary
Sounds logical to me.

Really good pose and photo, creasy!

This is the one rendition of Superman that I still need in the collection. I have MoS and Black-suit but regrettably skipped this one when it first was released.
There's always one that got away. However from all the talk about Cavill and contracts I'm sure you'll get another chance.....in a few years.

The JL really does pop on the shelf though. Looks amazing !!!!

There's always one that got away. However from all the talk about Cavill and contracts I'm sure you'll get another chance.....in a few years.

The JL really does pop on the shelf though. Looks amazing !!!!
So true. There's a few figures that I skipped at the time only to appreciate them more later on, after getting sold out.

I agree that we'll be seeing another rendition of this one in the near future.

Back