Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repaint and rooted hair accurate to ZSJL with Jaxon’s wired cape:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM9hnGmgj87/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
5279FE71-EC06-4063-AE1F-351D3A9AD221.png

Finally worked up the stones to do some of the body mods I've seen on here. First I shaved down and rechromed the right shoulder to get rid of that odd hump that Hot Toys inexplicably left there (why on earth would they not make the shoulders symmetrical?). Next I carefully shaved down the sides of the torso just under the arm pit to allow the arms to hang more naturally against his sides. Also added the Jaxxon non-wired cape, and presto! I'm really happy with it thus far, and can't wait to tinker with the sculpt from OSK. I'm really happy with the shoulder mod, as that always irked me, but am even more happy with the arms laying more flush to the body, it's a subtle shift, but makes such a big difference. I typically like to keep my HT's unmodded, but this was a big help for Supe's shelf presence.

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 3.04.19 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 3.14.20 PM.jpg

S2.jpg

S1.jpg

Finally worked up the stones to do some of the body mods I've seen on here. First I shaved down and rechromed the right shoulder to get rid of that odd hump that Hot Toys inexplicably left there (why on earth would they not make the shoulders symmetrical?). Next I carefully shaved down the sides of the torso just under the arm pit to allow the arms to hang more naturally against his sides. Also added the Jaxxon non-wired cape, and presto! I'm really happy with it thus far, and can't wait to tinker with the sculpt from OSK. I'm really happy with the shoulder mod, as that always irked me, but am even more happy with the arms laying more flush to the body, it's a subtle shift, but makes such a big difference. I typically like to keep my HT's unmodded, but this was a big help for Supe's shelf presence.

View attachment 552815View attachment 552818
View attachment 552816

View attachment 552817
Huge improvement! His arms not laying close to his sides has always bugged me.

I need a new cape for my Batfleck to. That one looks perfect.

Here's a look at the approach I used to match the chrome. I had tried a chrome marker/paint but it just didn't have the same reflection strength the unchanged shoulder has. So I used a really thin foil, and then just a few strokes of black acrylic to match the other arm. The match looks flawless under the suit. Plus, I won't have to worry how that chrome paint would effect the suit over time. I imagine the foil is harmless alternative.

IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG

Very good work! Looks better posed. I laud you for going through with it! I don't think I'd ever do any thorough, substantial mods, heck I even feel a bit antsy just simply swapping out interchangeable parts on a figure!

Okay I think I'm finally finished modding this guy. Cape by Jaxxon, body mods by me, headsculpt from One Sixth Kit with a little paintwork by me). I think the headsculpt paint is a little soft compared to HT's, and I may need to stipple some speckles on it to make it look more natural, but the sculpt itself is much closer to Henry than the original. Otherwise, f**k it, I'm done with him. He looks nice and natural. The light this morning hitting him dead center makes the chrome under the suit pop.

sdf.jpg

Last edited:
Okay I think I'm finally finished modding this guy. Cape by Jaxxon, body mods by me, headsculpt from One Sixth Kit with a little paintwork by me). I think the headsculpt paint is a little soft compared to HT's, and I may need to stipple some speckles on it to make it look more natural, but the sculpt itself is much closer to Henry than the original. Otherwise, f**k it, I'm done with him. He looks nice and natural. The light this morning hitting him dead center makes the chrome under the suit pop.

View attachment 555233

I can’t stop looking at your pics. Out of curiosity, would you be open to making similar mods/paintwork to mine if I paid you and covered shipping costs? Everything but the cape.

Which Optimus Prime figure is that? Your display set-up is great.

View attachment 552815View attachment 552818
View attachment 552816

View attachment 552817

Just received my s.king.s and im very impresed, its a nice alternative sculp. I just need now my black suit superman!

Attachments

• D6CAE6DD-9589-4988-AEE3-E983D3C25C12.jpeg
    D6CAE6DD-9589-4988-AEE3-E983D3C25C12.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 1C74FC51-DB97-4AE3-BF6A-05295722DD0F.jpeg
    1C74FC51-DB97-4AE3-BF6A-05295722DD0F.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 6A91B473-AADC-420F-89FB-97555614385A.jpeg
    6A91B473-AADC-420F-89FB-97555614385A.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 66
Back