Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the OSK Sculpt. I do somewhat prefer it to the stock sculpt even if the paint detail is lacking.

Does anyone else have trouble getting the sculpt to attach to the neck peg? Mine sits on there okay but doesn't fully click into place and comes loose too easily.

DSC_7850.JPG

Finally got the OSK Sculpt. I do somewhat prefer it to the stock sculpt even if the paint detail is lacking.

Does anyone else have trouble getting the sculpt to attach to the neck peg? Mine sits on there okay but doesn't fully click into place and comes loose too easily.

View attachment 638306

Very nice pic! While I prefer the stock head sculpt, the OSK one looks nicely decent in your photo.

Also if you don’t mind me asking, you wouldn’t happen to have more outdoor daylight pics to share would you? :monkey3

Here's a look at at that modified body without the suit. You can see the customizer added 3D printed plates to the pecs, triceps, obliques and crotch. They sanded down the inside of the forearms/wrists as well as the lats. I shaved down the outside of the thighs myself, and added the chrome vinyl to the modded parts (they originally had painted them metallic, but I wanted that matching mirror finish chrome).

View attachment 626878

The end result is getting better and better. The only thing I have left to do is repaint an extra set of boots I have to replace these. Originally he had ankle extensions modded onto him, and going back to the original height has squashed the ankles on the boots a bit.

View attachment 626881
Fu@king aye, bro!! To me, this is the ultimate Superman custom. "Super" impressed!

Very nice pic! While I prefer the stock head sculpt, the OSK one looks nicely decent in your photo.

Also if you don’t mind me asking, you wouldn’t happen to have more outdoor daylight pics to share would you? :monkey3
Of Superman? Not yet. Will hopefully get some nice outdoor shots of the trinity when my WW figure finally gets here.

It's England so plans often spoiled by rain lol.

View attachment 638306

B57F9F5A-806B-42DB-AC21-86231CB87BE9.jpeg

What i did was remove the peg adapter in the sculpt and just stuff it with enough sticky tack where it can sit on the neck and peg of the figure. Always remember to lift the sculpt when turning the head to avoid scratching the figures paint job.

Extensively reworking an extra JL Superman I had on hand. Body has been modified from head to toe.

Head by OSK, touched up by me.
Cape by Jaxon Xu
Body mods include, Newly sculpted triceps, shoulders, lats, Pectorals, lower abs, groin, and traps. Shaved down the lower forearmwrists, upper thighs and under arms.
Ankle connectors swapped for standard HT connectors (those clear ones were too brittle)
Hands by Jaxon Xu
Body mods rechromed with chrome vinyl

I may do some really subtle shading on the suit to bring out the translucent spots. But depending on the lighting it really doesn't need it. Once all the added body mods were applied, it pulls the entire suit much tighter, giving it a noticeable bump in transparency, so that chrome really pops through in the highlights.

IMG_8461.jpg

I've read more than a few comments on facebook that some collectors still think the HT sculpt is far superior. But I just don't see it. I mean their paint application is much nicer, but the overall sculpt and likeness is much more in OSK's favor, which I feel outweighs the minor differences in paint.

Thanks man. I'm already fixing up another body for fun. I'm a bit obsessed with this figure.
That looks great.

Are you willing to post some photo's of the body mods?

But only if you want to, i understand if you want to share them.

Wow, what an improvement! The triceps make it look so good! I've never noticed before how much they are lacking in the original.

Is it just me or do the hands look slightly too small?

I was gonna do my Man of Steel but probably end up doing all my Supermans now.

Wow, what an improvement! The triceps make it look so good! I've never noticed before how much they are lacking in the original.

Is it just me or do the hands look slightly too small?

I was gonna do my Man of Steel but probably end up doing all my Supermans now.
I'm not sure on the hands. To me they look well to scale. But that's in the eye of the beholder I guess. I personally think his arms in general are a tad long, but again that's just me.

That looks great.

Are you willing to post some photo's of the body mods?

But only if you want to, i understand if you want to share them.
Happy to share. Here's a look at the modified body (minus the shaving down of the outside thighs and inner wrists). Lots of tamiya miliput and time. Getting the symmetry correct was the most time consuming part. I have another Supes that somebody else modified using 3D printed parts, which make the symmetry a non issue on theirs. I had to go the old school way, and do it by hand. So below you can see the lats were shaved down to allow the arms to sit more flush to the torso, the shoulders rounded out, the chest dramatically built out, the triceps and biceps reworked, the lower most abs and obliques grown, the groin built out, and the foam from the lats shave down. Then I rechromed the parts, and added black acrylic paint where necessary to match original contouring. After this I had shaved down the inner wrists and shaved down the outside upper thigh pieces for a smoother transition.

345920678_1355177861695311_387010341861710638_n.jpeg

Here's two different modded HT JL Superman figs of mine. The JL colored one is my own work, and the BvS colored figure is from a different customizer. Still trying to decide on which height I like better. The BvS style figure uses longer ankle pegs, but that sacrifices stability.

SUPERMAN.jpg

I'm not sure on the hands. To me they look well to scale. But that's in the eye of the beholder I guess. I personally think his arms in general are a tad long, but again that's just me.
Yea, they are a little long b/c HT never adjusted their length when they compressed the torso from the MoS body to the BvS/JL body. There's an internal barbell joint that holds the abs to the chest that HT shortened on subsequent releases b/c ppl complained the MoS figure was way too tall.

Yea, they are a little long b/c HT never adjusted their length when they compressed the torso from the MoS body to the BvS/JL body. There's an internal barbell joint that holds the abs to the chest that HT shortened on subsequent releases b/c ppl complained the MoS figure was way too tall.
Ha, and now if anything he's a tad too short. Guess we're never satisfied.

Back