Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's always one that got away. However from all the talk about Cavill and contracts I'm sure you'll get another chance.....in a few years.

The JL really does pop on the shelf though. Looks amazing !!!!

Agreed! The colors are just so vibrant!!

So true. There's a few figures that I skipped at the time only to appreciate them more later on, after getting sold out.

Ain't that the truth! :lol

I agree that we'll be seeing another rendition of this one in the near future.

Yass, hopefully we'll see more Superman figures in the coming years, either by HT and/or InArt.

I mean you could try that for sure. Can you post a pic so we can see how bad it is?
Sorry, I thought I answered it. It's very tiny, and only visible in certain angles, but it is one angle I usually have him in. It is very annoying however. I did get the tip from a customizer to just use some red acrylic paint, so we'll see if I do that. A toothpick is too big, so I'll have to use a sewing needle, it's that small.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031-235058_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221031-235058_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
With the chin tilted down one doesn't notice the neck as much. Sometimes I've considered drilling out the inside of the head sculpt with a Dremel tool to get it seated a little lower on that long neck.

I'm still really happy with my modded JL Superman, but I can't stop noticing all the odd bunching and creasing at the ankles. I've never had him in anything other than a museum pose, so I'm not sure whey it's so creased. Anyone find a solution for theirs?

IMG_6306.JPG

I'm still really happy with my modded JL Superman, but I can't stop noticing all the odd bunching and creasing at the ankles. I've never had him in anything other than a museum pose, so I'm not sure whey it's so creased. Anyone find a solution for theirs?

View attachment 617216
The top ”wings” of the boots have some very light glue keeping them in place all around the top edge. If you carefully peel them off the blue calf areas, you’ll be able to freely massage and pull the boots up to get rid of the wrinkle at the ankle. When I did mine on the BvS, I think I used a small piece of double sided tape at the back to keep them in place once I had them where wanted. However, if you like the current height they’re at, you may have to switch to longer ankle pegs

Last edited:
Love that custom head sculpt. I ended up picking up two.
Yeah I think it’s a solid sculpt too. I preordered another so I can try some paint touch up on it. There are a few things about it’s stock paint that bother me. There’s a lack of texture which stands out against the body, the lips are a shade too dark, the area around the eyes reads too much like eyeliner, the eye color is a tad too dark, and the hair is too matte. They’re all piddly things I think I can fix.

I was in the midst of modding my Superman body, when I found a sale for one already modded. The seller couldn't supply a link to the artist, as he's overseas with no Instagram. The body modification was done so well, with the newly sculpted add on pieces seemingly 3d printed and chromed. Relaxed hands by Jaxon Xu, custom cape from unknown artist. The paint work is so subtle and the body so reflective it shifts in appearance with the lighting dramatically. A few extra pics below from my studio in different lighting.

After-0.jpg

Before-1.jpg

DSCF3866-1.jpg

01.jpg

DSCF3819-01.jpg

I was in the midst of modding my Superman body, when I found a sale for one already modded. The seller couldn't supply a link to the artist, as he's overseas with no Instagram. The body modification was done so well, with the newly sculpted add on pieces seemingly 3d printed and chromed. Relaxed hands by Jaxon Xu, custom cape from unknown artist. The paint work is so subtle and the body so reflective it shifts in appearance with the lighting dramatically. A few extra pics below from my studio in different lighting.

View attachment 625030

View attachment 625031

View attachment 625032

View attachment 625033

View attachment 625034

He looks great! A very nice balance between the vibrancy of the JL version and the dark BvS version.

Here's a look at at that modified body without the suit. You can see the customizer added 3D printed plates to the pecs, triceps, obliques and crotch. They sanded down the inside of the forearms/wrists as well as the lats. I shaved down the outside of the thighs myself, and added the chrome vinyl to the modded parts (they originally had painted them metallic, but I wanted that matching mirror finish chrome).

IMG_7512.JPG

The end result is getting better and better. The only thing I have left to do is repaint an extra set of boots I have to replace these. Originally he had ankle extensions modded onto him, and going back to the original height has squashed the ankles on the boots a bit.

IMG_7577.JPG

Here's a look at at that modified body without the suit. You can see the customizer added 3D printed plates to the pecs, triceps, obliques and crotch. They sanded down the inside of the forearms/wrists as well as the lats. I shaved down the outside of the thighs myself, and added the chrome vinyl to the modded parts (they originally had painted them metallic, but I wanted that matching mirror finish chrome).

View attachment 626878

The end result is getting better and better. The only thing I have left to do is repaint an extra set of boots I have to replace these. Originally he had ankle extensions modded onto him, and going back to the original height has squashed the ankles on the boots a bit.

View attachment 626881

WOW! :thud: :clap Hats off to you for improving it further!

View attachment 626878

View attachment 626881
He looks really awesome, thanks for letting us know about the steps taken to get he figure to this point!!

Has the costume itself been painted or are what appears to be differences in color/tone due to lighting?

Last edited:
Back