Hot Toys "Iron Whiplash" figure (Whiplash Mark II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Possible Iron Whiplash?

I like how Whiplashes boot opens up when he steps on War Machine, hope the figure can do that.

sure looks like it can. you can see the pin and hinge for it on the proto

A lot of other websites reporting this as diecast, the only diecast I'm getting is the Mark 42. It's just going to be too expensive.

A lot of other websites reporting this as diecast, the only diecast I'm getting is the Mark 42. It's just going to be too expensive.

I hope they're wrong.
:monkey2

Me too. And I'm not taking a shot at OMG in any way. His reviews and pics are amazing. But Honestly, if he hadn't posted that he translated part of an article stating this would be plastic, we'd all be thinking this was diecast because of the diecast logo on the page in the magazine showing the proto.

Me too. And I'm not taking a shot at OMG in any way. His reviews and pics are amazing. But Honestly, if he hadn't posted that he translated part of an article stating this would be plastic, we'd all be thinking this was diecast because of the diecast logo on the page in the magazine showing the proto.

Another site thought it was die cast as well until I showed them the article OMG translated and another commenter translated it for them. I think these sites just haven't seen this article yet.

Another site thought it was die cast as well until I showed them the article OMG translated and another commenter translated it for them. I think these sites just haven't seen this article yet.

Its a little of both, the Iron Patriot is 40% die-cast and 60% plastic. I think that is what is causing the confusion.

Its a little of both, the Iron Patriot is 40% die-cast and 60% plastic. I think that is what is causing the confusion.

good point. That would explain everything. Good catch. Of course, that means its diecast.

It's not going to be die cast, the article stated that they tried to make it die cast but the design was to complex and it proved unfeasible. Unless HT states otherwise i'm treating this as plastic.

It's not going to be die cast, the article stated that they tried to make it die cast but the design was to complex and it proved unfeasible. Unless HT states otherwise i'm treating this as plastic.

Thank goodness it didn't work out. I don't blame them. This may be smaller than the Iron Monger but it has twice the amount the details.

Pretty glad to hear this won't make it into the Diecast line because of that problem.

Which is great news! I just hope the new die-cast trend phases out quickly and they return to plastic! :pray:

First day pre-order for me.
SOOOOO happy it's plastic.

That would be great. I'm sure it will still be more than $300, but I'd still prefer it plastic at $300 than diecast @ $400

considering how many people dont like iron man 2 why is this figure in such high demand?

Why does the Iron Man movie get every figure made,why can't spider-man get a Sandman figure?

That would be great. I'm sure it will still be more than $300, but I'd still prefer it plastic at $300 than diecast @ $400
I'm dying to know how much this thing's going to cost; its not as big as iron monger or even the hulk for that matter, but its probably one of the most complex figures done by ht to date. Personally i'm hoping its less than $300, somewhere in the neighborhood of $250 to $300 would be just nice for me, but that might be wishful thinking.

considering how many people dont like iron man 2 why is this figure in such high demand?
As Viking spawn said; whilst the movie was crap a lot of people (myself included) thought this was an awesome design and have been waiting for an action figure of it for two years now.

Popularity and sales, my friend.
:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back