Hot Toys "Iron Whiplash" figure (Whiplash Mark II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Possible Iron Whiplash?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel weird now that I know its gonna be plastic... lol I wanted a diecast, but It would be expensive like hell. Finalle HT is coming around

Shun the non believer!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel weird now that I know its gonna be plastic... lol I wanted a diecast, but It would be expensive like hell. Finalle HT is coming around

6w29.jpg

This and a Hammer Drone will complete my Iron Man 2 collection;

8557650789_b96091c790_c.jpg

::Comic Book Guy Voice::
Excuse me,you're displaying the wrong Black Widow for Iron Man 2.
We all know that she had long hair in that movie.
You're clearly using the Avengers version of Black Widow.
Worst Iron Man 2 display...EVER!

:wink1:
Just kidding...that's a cool way to display them.

Damn, the prototype looks way too cool, I do hope it is plastic. I just don't see the diecast figures to have sturdy joints and articulation because of the weight.

Sadly, I probably will not get this due to the impending high price.

tumblr_m85e8mw00m1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

tumblr_m4vil5J6uA1qj3ir1.gif

Damn, the prototype looks way too cool, I do hope it is plastic. I just don't see the diecast figures to have sturdy joints and articulation because of the weight.

Sadly, I probably will not get this due to the impending high price.

As far a I know it was confirmed, its gonna be plastic :yess:

As far a I know it was confirmed, its gonna be plastic :yess:

I really hope it is plastic also. I'm not as convinced it will be yet though.

This was the OMG translation of an article about Diecast figures and Iron Whiplash

MK III and VII will get a diecast version, MK 42 and WM diecast coming soon, WP II will remain full plastic

And then we have the magazine pic of the proto and the DIECAST logo is as plain as day.

1485459-IXPJ6LS.jpg

:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

And of course we know HT has and will say one thing and do the other. ( black widows hair )

I really hope it is plastic also. I'm not as convinced it will be yet though.

This was the OMG translation of an article about Diecast figures and Iron Whiplash

And then we have the magazine pic of the proto and the DIECAST logo is as plain as day.

1485459-IXPJ6LS.jpg

:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

And of course we know HT has and will say one thing and do the other. ( black widows hair )

With so many small parts I doubt it would be a good idea to make it diecast, I guess we'll have to wait a bit more I'm sure the next reveal will be Mark XLII.
I'm 90% sure its gonna be a plastic WP

This is an awesome design. It's a shame it wasn't in the movie very long. Then again I would be interested in the drones also :)

That's not a bad idea. What are the chances of HT making some drones from IM2?

The only thing I'm curious about...is the mask lifting on(like Iron Man) screen accurate? I've only seen the movie a couple of times and I remember Whiplash had a suit where the entire helmet came off to reveal his head...

Last edited:

The only thing I'm curious about...is the mask lifting on(like Iron Man) screen accurate? I've only seen the movie a couple of times and I remember Whiplash had a suit where the entire helmet came off to reveal his head...

I just checked it out, the helmet actually flips from behind his head to cover his face.

[ame]https://youtu.be/iBLYKv5jpb0[/ame]

Oh, I see. It's two parts. The face comes off and then the back comes down.

It should be a full headsculpt. Why is Hot Toys cheating us from one?

Hm, that clip sure reminds me of what an uninspired movie IM2 was. Like the design of Whiplash and was thinking of picking it up but will try to resist given how poorly he was portrayed on screen.

I like how Whiplashes boot opens up when he steps on War Machine, hope the figure can do that.

Its too bad they never made a Battle Damaged War Machine to go with this guy. (I know there were some customs made tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back