Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics, new member here, just got message that my HT MKIII has gotten into NY and is going through customs right now, can't wait for it :monkey5

Sorry for the delay, I was busy writing a review for Enterbay Fist of Fury Bruce Lee.

Anyway, as promised more and better pics. Sorry it is still not up to the expected quality here. There is only so much I can do with a 2.0 megapixel phone camera.

Civil War

DSC02284.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02291.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

DSC02295.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

The unmasking

DSC02301.jpg

Sadly I do not have a Peter Parker head to complete the picture but as you can see, Spidey is perfectly scaled with Iron Man. This Spiderman is one of the more underrated figure by Medicom. Yes the colour is not accurate but it's suprisingly poseable, the joints are tight, the body durable, and the tailoring is excellent/

Well, he finally flew in and here are my two cents.

He is a great deal more delicate than I expected and I would advise the most extreme care when moving this guy around!!

I almost had a migraine from the extreme smell straight from the box too. The plastic used is quite pungent from the off, but will air out/pretty much has already.

One of my worries was the changing of hands over the LEDS. Luckily they are VERY easy to change and the pegs seem nicely robust. No worries here.

I had to rearrange the batteris in one arm and to get all three back in was very tiresome as the spring is strong. Also, the missiles in his arm are delicate and at first I thought they were glued in backwards. Thankfully not, just be careful when flipping them out.

It may seem like I am bashing this fig, by no means at all. This thing is marvellous. A fantastically detailed and functional figure. These are very quick thoughts and pics as I am knackered after workies!

100_2124.jpg

100_2141.jpg

100_2147.jpg

100_2145.jpg

Nice spidey/IM pics by the way!

The plastic protector tab would not come out as it was bent, so I had to unscrew the cover and when I pulled it out, the batteries came out too! NIGHTMARE to get them back in!

Perhaps I only found he was delicate because at the moment all I have done with him was fiddle with getting the batteries in and didn't want to move him about to much to damage the flaps?

Overall he feels VERY sturdy, but the flaps seem quite fragile to me.

Also... LEDs tend to have a lot of variation in brightness due to how they're manufactured. At least that's what I have been told.

Back