Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III: Anyone else prefer it over the Mark IV?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Logically, I know the Mark IV is the updated version with a newer sculpt of both the armor and the Stark head.

However does anyone else think the older Mark III head & armor looks better than the Mark IV? Something about the older Stark sculpt just looks better to me as does the brightness and hue of the armor.

I only owner the Mark III for a short time as I had issues with the item and was never able to get a replacement. I've never had the Mark IV in hand and was hoping for some feedback from others here.

Hope you all had a great Holiday and appreciate your time and input.

the MK III armor itself in the movie looks better, but if your comparing the HT figures, NO :lecture

personally i own both mk3s and the mk4, mk4 blows them out of the water! everything about it is better, no rubber abdomen, better physique, meaning it actually looks like a suit of armor, not a robot, and the coloring is way better

Last edited:
the MK III armor itself in the movie looks better, but if your comparing the HT figures, NO :lecture

images

Ok..the overall opinion is that the Mark IV is better...which Stark sculpt is better?

I like the Mark III armor over the Mark IV however, the figures where released at different times so it's not really fair to compare them.

Yeah, movie design-wise, I think the Mk III really hit the nail and is my favorite Iron Man armor...EVER:D Toy-wise, the the Mk IV just gets the proportions so perfect that it makes it look like a better as a toy overall. I'm doing my best to hold off on one and just pick up a Mk VI though

I like the Mk IV/VI better figure and movie design-wise.

The Mk III's belly and crotch bug the hell out of me (design-wise).

I have all the Iron Man figs from the first movie and continuing to collect the second movie figs. I still like all my figs that I have purchased. The Mark IV is going to be an awesome figure no doubt about it, but I still like my Mark III and Mark III Battle Damage. The Mark VI is also something I can't wait for and don't get me started on the Mark V. :)

MOVIE wise I prefer the Mark III over the Mark IV.

FIGURE wise (HT) Mark IV wins by a long shot. I had the Mark III BD and he was just so skinny overall and his flat chest really killed it.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Based on the info provided, I caved and bought the Mark IV.

Again, I sincerely appreciate you guys taking the time to respond. These aren't cheap and it's nice to have solid opinions rather than the usual "cuz the new iz da bomb" type response you'd get elsewhere.

Hope you are all having a great holiday!

Both suits are nice but I've decided to stick with the BD Mark III I have and maybe get the mark 6 down the line. 4 and 3 seem pretty similar to me in terms of look. I'm sure the mark 4 is a better all around figure, but I have to be more picky or else I'll have a million HTs! :D

I was recently debating whether or not to get the Mark IV since I have the Mark III. After seeing all the pics and reading eveyone's opinions I think I'm gonna pick it up. All I'll need to to is get the Mark V on order and I'll have one of each suit released! :yess:

The more I look at the Mark IV, the more excited I am becoming about getting it.

I didn't know the mid section of the Mark III was rubber and I do now see that the Mark IV looks more like a man in an armored suit rather than a robot/cyborg.

The silver highlights on the Mark VI despite being accurate, just don't look good to me.

Back