Hot Toys Iron Man 3 MMS 1/6 "Bones" (Mark XLI) - MMS251

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already PO-ed the guy. At first I was kind of skeptical. But then I looked at all the little details on him, and just pulled the trigger. Tons of people say he's ugly, but I think he looks awesome.

I like the look of the armor, I'm just a wee bit skeptical about the whole magnets holding separate parts of the figure together, idea (especially since I am never going to display the suit in that 'dismembered' format).
Bones is effectively a Power Pose figure, at an MMS price.. so, I think I may have to see a whole bunch of in-hand photos first.. even then, the price may prove too much of a disincentive.. especially with Tank, Hammerhead and Shotgun still on the 'They will be mine!" list.

Not worried about the magnet aspect at all. Tony Stark Workshop figure has magnets at the elbow joints and that figure kicks ass.

Not worried about the magnet aspect at all. Tony Stark Workshop figure has magnets at the elbow joints and that figure kicks ass.

True.. lots of accessories with the Workshop figure though.. the feeling I'm paying for an MMS and getting a Power Pose, is the real problem for me with Bones.. I'm going to wait until there are some in-hand photos available from the US, then decide.
:)

True.. lots of accessories with the Workshop figure though.. the feeling I'm paying for an MMS and getting a Power Pose, is the real problem for me with Bones.. I'm going to wait until there are some in-hand photos available from the US, then decide.
:)

How is it a PPS? Where's the limited articulation?

How is it a PPS? Where's the limited articulation?

That is why I want to see the in-hand photos and reviews, so far I have only seen stills and static poses.. I'm not sure what the articulation is going to be like on the finished figure.

That is why I want to see the in-hand photos and reviews, so far I have only seen stills and static poses.. I'm not sure what the articulation is going to be like on the finished figure.

I see. Well, the product description lists over 36 points of articulations so that puts it out of the PPS category. :lol

I see. Well, the product description lists over 36 points of articulations so that puts it out of the PPS category. :lol

20 of those are the articulated fingers?.. and another 5 are where it comes apart.. however, it is entirely possible I'm being over cautious. :lol

20 of those are the articulated fingers?.. and another 5 are where it comes apart.. however, it is entirely possible I'm being over cautious. :lol

True, but the Diecast figures have the same exact product description so I'm staying positive. :lol

So what's up with Sideshow doing 'non-refundable deposits' on some of the figures? BigBadToyStore doesn't do that and they have the same prices. Is there a particular benefit to ordering through Sideshow for non-exclusives, such as Bones?

True, but the Diecast figures have the same exact product description so I'm staying positive. :lol

Fair point.. I had just noticed that if Red Snapper had articulated fingers on the hands (obviously not necessary, but articulated fingers really do bump the stat) it would appear to have 33 points of articulation.. I'm wondering whether Bones' magnetic flames could be used on any of the other IM figures' feet since that would make the figure more attractive, if an owner is not going to display it dissembled.
:dunno

So what's up with Sideshow doing 'non-refundable deposits' on some of the figures? BigBadToyStore doesn't do that and they have the same prices. Is there a particular benefit to ordering through Sideshow for non-exclusives, such as Bones?

You would earn Sideshow reward points for purchases direct.. whether or not that outweighs the NRD, will depend on individual collectors.

He looks to have the same articulation as most iron man suits, minus ab crunch. I don't see why you think he is a pp Taibhse.

He looks to have the same articulation as most iron man suits, minus ab crunch. I don't see why you think he is a pp Taibhse.

The comment was mainly based around not having much information on how the magnetic joint system is going to work, and the fact Red Snapper is listed as a Power Pose figure, despite having quite a lot of articulation.. indeed, articulated hands would give RS almost as much articulation as an MMS figure.

Edit - Out of curiosity, I checked the Power Pose Mk42.. with articulated hands, even that figure would notch up 30 points of articulation.

The comment was mainly based around not having much information on how the magnetic joint system is going to work, and the fact Red Snapper is listed as a Power Pose figure, despite having quite a lot of articulation.. indeed, articulated hands would give RS almost as much articulation as an MMS figure.

Edit - Out of curiosity, I checked the Power Pose Mk42.. with articulated hands, even that figure would notch up 30 points of articulation.

It would say Power Pose though wouldn't it?

It would say Power Pose though wouldn't it?

Yup.. bottom line, I don't like the 'dismember' gimmick.. but it was interesting to do those checks on the TrueType figues, for example if you counted Red Snapper's double ball joint neck as two points of articulation, gave it articulated hands and the grabber slides worked, it would have 36 points of articulation.. like an MMS.

Yup.. bottom line, I don't like the 'dismember' gimmick.. but it was interesting to do those checks on the TrueType figues, for example if you counted Red Snapper's double ball joint neck as two points of articulation, gave it articulated hands and the grabber slides worked, it would have 36 points of articulation.. like an MMS.

the dismember crap is useless, ugh! sooooo annoying.... but I guess it needed a selling point other than the design, they could have included a Pepper Potts MK42 HS and it would have sold like Hot Cakes

Really, I think Gemmini/Starboost is a much nicer looking suit than Bones... maybe its just me?

No, I agree the Starboost is nicer looking. Nicer now, in comparison to Bones. At $285+ dollars for Bones even a bargain at $250 is STILL too much to pay. Also, and I know its been asked how the HELL is one supposed to display it's in-flight Unassembled gimmick?

No, I agree the Starboost is nicer looking. Nicer now, in comparison to Bones. At $285+ dollars for Bones even a bargain at $250 is STILL too much to pay. Also, and I know its been asked how the HELL is one supposed to display it's in-flight Unassembled gimmick?

With the included stand. Apparently it has arms to place all of the limbs apart.

14671358127_92643632b5_b.jpg

Back