Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Singapore exhibit just very recent? Cause I cannot believe HT did not take this opportunity to show the new head sculpt. I wonder if they even have the approval yet.

Is the Singapore exhibit just very recent? Cause I cannot believe HT did not take this opportunity to show the new head sculpt. I wonder if they even have the approval yet.

I thought they would have shown it off too. It feels like it's getting pretty close to the release date for them to not have shown off what is presumably an amazing new sculpt. It's one of the factors preventing me from preordering it. As much as I know it'll be great, I would like to see what I'm ordering in advance, and posing him with the new sculpt and glasses is something I would definitely do to have him stand out from other Iron Man figures

ok ok, i got a question for everyone here....

clearly they're having a tough time with the whole RDJ headsculpt ordeal...

what would you rather have? the mk IV withOUT the RDJ head? (or re-release the previous one)

OR, would you rather wait a few more months until they get this whole likeness issue settled??

Whats two more months:slap I wonder if the head sculpt will have real hair?
5060002078_a1cfc7f294_b.jpg

Last edited:
I am in two minds about waiting longer. One hand this would be my first Iron Man and I want now, I also want him to look right so the wait is worth it.
Is no info better than bad info ?. No any info is good at this point. :(

Yup i gotta agree,,the wait eases my wallet lol, especially when christmas is coming up,and my 2 kids Birthdays are coming too ( november and december) :horror

They could limit the edition to a million and it would still be a limited edition. That just means they won't be pumping them out for years and years like other items are. Once the run is done, thats all folks.

Mark IV and Mark VI neither have a proto type Stark sculpt yet months after the announcement. I bet HT will think long and hard about releasing a Mark V with all the problems with Mark IV & VI. Add the fact neither have sold out yet, I wouldn't be surprised. Plenty of other Marvel / comic book licenses to explore and leave IM behind.

Your kidding right? When HT finally drops these they are gone. All complaining about the wait disappears when people start posting in hand pics. Iron Man figures will sell out. Don't worry about that. Take look at the Warmachine pics and tell me HT needs to worry? I don't think so.

Mark IV and Mark VI neither have a proto type Stark sculpt yet months after the announcement. I bet HT will think long and hard about releasing a Mark V with all the problems with Mark IV & VI. Add the fact neither have sold out yet, I wouldn't be surprised. Plenty of other Marvel / comic book licenses to explore and leave IM behind.

I think the problem is a lot of non-die-hard collectors just see the Mark 3,4, and 6 as being too similar. So to the casual collector they might feel they only need one red and gold Iron Man. The mark 5 is different enough that more people would likely buy it than both the 4 and 6 (and perhaps in addition to their 2 previous mark 3s). We saw the proto for the Mark 5 so its coming. I'm not worried about that at all. But HT seriously needs to get RDJr license approval before they launch a new Iron Man figure.

I think the problem is a lot of non-die-hard collectors just see the Mark 3,4, and 6 as being too similar. So to the casual collector they might feel they only need one red and gold Iron Man. The mark 5 is different enough that more people would likely buy it than both the 4 and 6 (and perhaps in addition to their 2 previous mark 3s). We saw the proto for the Mark 5 so its coming. I'm not worried about that at all. But HT seriously needs to get RDJr license approval before they launch a new Iron Man figure.

I really don't think they will skip the Mark V, IM is generally a cash cow. The time and expense wasted to get approvals I am certain weighs on them just as it does the collector's. That said, it isn't unlike HT to not finish a line therefore, it isn't out of the realm of possibility they skip Mark V.

I am a huge Marvel fan, this license is my grail. Even so, I don't have plans to get Mark IV, Mark V and Mark VI. I will pick up WM and a Mark , call it a day. Too many Mark suits even for those of us who enjoy the series.

Back