Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shot right there!
Hmm..how far can the wrist bend for a repulsor shot?

im beginning to go over the fence and head to ebay for this one :thud:
Is this guy worth 245 bucks including S&H?

Have to do a bit of modding or mess with it for a repulsor shot :( unfortunately that's one flaw that they didn't get right. Other than that it is excellent one of the best IM figs and you get the best Tony head sculpt there is :). You're not paying too much over retail shipped compared to other inflated HT. Get it while it is still low when you can if you really want it.

Well, If I have to go to the secondary market for a MK IV, does anyone think I need to worry about fakes floating around?

gotta keep them far far away from sunlight..

I believe he said "Far, far away" which was very precise :lecture

:lol Move your figures to a Galaxy far, far, away....don't feed them after midnight, etc..

Anyway, not good to hear of the pink colouring issue, mine's been OK and I hope it stays that way, just checked it before.

This figure is one of Hot Toys finest.

Dollmanron, enlighten us. What's with the talk of fakes? This would be very expensive to fake.

I'm was just checking, with the problems with the Wolverines I'm a little worried now when I see someone on EBay selling a Hot Toys figures from Asia and their pictures show close to a dozen in the back ground. Wolverine may be the first, but who know which figure could be next.

I'm was just checking, with the problems with the Wolverines I'm a little worried now when I see someone on EBay selling a Hot Toys figures from Asia and their pictures show close to a dozen in the back ground. Wolverine may be the first, but who know which figure could be next.

No point getting panicky about it. HT will be onto those guys like a seagull onto a hot chip, as they've shown with their response to Wolverine. And I can only see the rip-off merchants picking figures that are easily ripped off. Any HT figure - and that'd be most of them - that have intricate costumes or components probably won't get much attention from them.

I'll grant that it's not impossible that they are pink. And I'm not saying the shorts don't appear to be pink in those pics. But surly you can see the same "pink" in both of the spots indicated below:

DSC_0265v1.jpg

My point is, if he photographed any Mark IV in the exact same lighting, I believe the shorts would appear to be pink. Maybe he can enlighten us.

As to why I'm debating it: I don't wanna believe that mine could turn pink someday! :panic: :lol

It's lighting. I have 2 light boxes, one on the left directed on the lower half of the figure and another light source from the right. I will post another pic in this thread with the unedited colors.

Re: Pinky

This figure is case fresh, pics were taken right out of the box.

DSC_0245.png

DSC_0316.png

DSC_0303.png

When I first examined the figure, there was no coloration of pink on his pants, but from the pics, you can see there is this hint of pink. It is possible, that it differs in color due to the reflective nature of rubber vs plastic/metal. In some of my old pics, you would noticed that it's more obvious in some than others, thus lighting plays a part.

Nevertheless, this figure is a must have if you are adverse to having loads of small parts like those on the BD versions.

I've been trying to trade an un-opened T1 T-800 (That costed at Sideshow $20 more) for a Iron Man 2 MK IV (even one that's been opened and displayed) for months with no takers.

I'm on the wait list, but I think I've got a snowballs chance in hell of it ever converting.

Dam, I want this figure!

Re: Pinky

Agreed. And that's what I've been saying.

The question is: What color is it in-hand? I know mine is red.

Yup, mine is red too. I have both the MKIII as well, as MKIII is abit matt "light" red, while the red on my MKIV is a close coloration as the rest of the red on the metal/plastic body.

it's still fairly acceptable. Glad we didn't get a "Barbie Pink" over time, that would be disastrous...

Back