Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they pop out just a bit, from moving him around, just gently push them in while giving the a very soft clockwise turn. That should be just enough to get them to settle.

And on another note.......

022-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock

Love it!

My order went through @ BBTS. :yess:

The key is pop off both legs and take off the *Iron Speedo*

Leave them off. The legs have just a bit more room to bend, that way.

After removing the shorts, it's actually very easy. Just make the fine adjustments ever so gently. But, at the same time, don't be afraid to put some muscle into it. If you do it slowly, you'll be able to feel when you need to stop.

Just marking this for reference later...

Man, feel sorry for those skipping on MK IV and onto MK VI (which I was initially going to do). The RDJ head with the glasses on is fkn incredible! You've gotta see one in person.

Hi guys...New member. I bought my first Hot Toy figure and it was the Mark IV!

Firstly, I love the overall look of the sculpt...it is just so cool looking.

However, I have a question to all the owners: Anyone have a devil of a time getting the rear flaps to go into the shoulders? I can't get mine in and if I try to push any harder, I think I'll snap the plastic.

It seems the hole in the back shoulder of the Iron Man is just a bit too small for the plastic on the flap to fit in. What do I do...?

:gah:

Man, feel sorry for those skipping on MK IV and onto MK VI (which I was initially going to do). The RDJ head with the glasses on is fkn incredible! You've gotta see one in person.

I was planning on skipping the mark iv as well until I saw the RDJ head. It was a last minute surprise that no one was expecting. The RDJ head really makes this figure worth owning if you already have the other iron man figures. That and the improvements to articulation.

Hi guys...New member. I bought my first Hot Toy figure and it was the Mark IV!

Firstly, I love the overall look of the sculpt...it is just so cool looking.

However, I have a question to all the owners: Anyone have a devil of a time getting the rear flaps to go into the shoulders? I can't get mine in and if I try to push any harder, I think I'll snap the plastic.

It seems the hole in the back shoulder of the Iron Man is just a bit too small for the plastic on the flap to fit in. What do I do...?

:gah:

I had no problem getting mine in. just make sure the clips are aligned with the hole and you should get em in without much effort.

I had no problem getting mine in. just make sure the clips are aligned with the hole and you should get em in without much effort.

Fark...they are. I spent 3 days trying. And there is no way of getting it in...it's not even a matter of pushing hard. They slot is too small and the plastic that is supposed to go INTO the slot is just a touch too big.

The other thing I noticed is that INSIDE the shoulder hole, there is a tiny piece of plastic that seems to bend upwards as I try to push the flap in...is that supposed to happen?

I dropped an e-mail to Hot Toys customer support e-mail...no response so far. Here's hoping...

If you're afraid of damaging/breaking the tabs on the rear flaps, try either using a blow dryer or warm water to soften it up, then attempt to insert!

--dude, with all the flaps, blowing, softening, then insertion--sure sounds like I'm talkin' 'bout something else... :monkey3

I'll try to warm up the plastic with a blowdryer...Here's hoping. But, if it is that tight to get in, I probably won't be able to ever remove them afterwards.

And just to be clear (sorry, this thread has close to 500 pages), to get the single-knee landing pose, I need to take off his legs...?

I didn't know the legs could be removed!

Seriously, Hot Toys needs a better instruction manual.

The legs comes off pretty easily actually. It's just a simple very robust ball-in-socket joint.

Yeah I emailed them two days ago with pics to get a replacement, and they havent responded back either. I think they have ALOT of email with QC concerns hence the delay.

I had so much trouble getting the braking flaps in on the BD Mark III that I'm not even bothering with the Mark IV's flaps. You can't see his back anyway.

Back