Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like her expression... way better than having her looking constipated or mad at the world like some of HTs other females.

Doesn't matter what angle you look at it from, the head sculpt has a "DUR" look. Sorry.

Agreed. The Female TT all have a I hate the world look to it, but this one I agree with some that it has a bit of a lost "do do doooo" look to her. They need to change the expression a little big. I like Devil's mod pic. I think that looks a lot better.

Over all I'll still be getting this figure but I really hope they manage to improve the head sculpt and I hope they improve the suit. I don't want this happening to my suit.

ap_20100510091820359-1.jpg

I'm not collecting this line, but I'll see the movie of course. I think the figure looks good -which Hot Toys would close the mouth! Its a good way to show off, but it doesn't need to be open. The outfit looks great! Just sucks that this figure is gonna cost $160+ when it should be $120-130 tops.

HT needs to remember that ScarJo could melt ice by looking at it.

This looks nothing like a Barbie (My Niece has them and they resemble Tonner Dolls if anything)

The hair looks great, and I applaud Hot Toys for trying to push the mark on Lifelikeness.
I'm sure it will go through some changes anyway

This fig looks great...but one problem. It looks like Scar Jo's stunt double....and I don't see Scar Jo in the the sculpt at all. I want this fig but I'm going to wait a little closer to production to make a decision on whether or not to pull the trigger on this. Aside from the resemblance issue, it looks like an amazing fig though.

A lot of fashion dolls have rubber chests/torsos too ;)

I did not know that!

Seriously? That's far, far worse. Why??? :monkey4

Well it's just that Hot Toys is all about realism and Barbie is not.
The whole reasoning behind each couldn't be further a part. Not sure it's a fair comparison.

That's not to say that I don't think Black Widow isn't a bit doll like but I ain't worried.
That shipped sailed when I got Wolverine is his super tight jeans! :)

Personally I think this figure looks incredible, but yeah it is too much on the barbie doll side for my taste. It'll be interesting to see this figure alongside the Mark IV armor, and if she hurts or helps that figures appearance of being too skinny. It may become all the more obvious that Tony Stark would have to have Black Widow proportions to fit in that suit.

Well it's just that Hot Toys is all about realism and Barbie is not.
Clearly, Barbies are not very realistic. And yes, we all like Hot Toys figures because the head sculpts are amazing, the clothes are of extraordinarily high quality, the accessories are second to none, etc. But squishy boobs? Rooted hair? Realistic, pumping hearts? Dolls that urinate and defecate?

Realism has its limits. Obviously, there is a huge market for "sexy" dolls with real hair and squishy boobs. And I'm sure, anatomical correctness for their "nasty bits," accurate underwear, and "real human" smells, etc. But I am not in that demographic.

Personally I think this figure looks incredible, but yeah it is too much on the barbie doll side for my taste. It'll be interesting to see this figure alongside the Mark IV armor, and if she hurts or helps that figures appearance of being too skinny. It may become all the more obvious that Tony Stark would have to have Black Widow proportions to fit in that suit.

Good point, I really hope she is noticeably thinner than Iron Man and War Machine.

Should be a pretty cheap, comparatively speaking, figure since there's not much there accessory wise... She kinda has an empty Sex Doll look to the face, though....

Scarlett was SUPER hot in the movie, solidifying my desire to to totally hit it from behind. :lecture

Can't you guys just say you don't like girl figures, rather than keep calling it a Barbie? It's a little bit unfair on Hot Toys, because that's a comparison you can't avoid when it comes to making 1/6 female figures with lifelike hair (A must for this character)

Back