Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her footwear is different too. The shot where she's crouching on the floor she's wearing ballet like slippers and not platform soled boots. The colour of her costume is probably closer than one might think but they shouldn't be using that pleather like material.

This can only mean that a T1 Sarah Connor is going to look incredible with that big 80's teased out blonde hair.

i think the sculpt is fairly good, just agree with the rest who said the expression isn't exactly the best they could've gone with. black widow's meant to convey that sense of "badass"-ness, which this look doesn't have at all.

and they definitely need to make her more curvy and busty. after all, the filmmakers took great pains to really play up scarlett's assets, so why should hot toys deny us that commitment to the... uhh.. "character"? ahem.

Snake will love this lol. Where are you Tim?
HS is a bit hit and miss I reckon. There's that bloody 'staring right through you' eyes look once again! Damn it Hot Toys, get some emotion in them for a change. And the mouth is epic fail giving that weird, turdy, stupid/stumped look. Other than that, with the obligatory tweaking, we should see a pretty rad and hot Scarlett figure coming here :D Definitely get that mouth closed though!
I'm sure I'll shoot myself in the foot here (and so will others 'DANCE boy, DANCE) but I think slightly posed eyes would really bring out HEAPS more of that headsculpt AND likeness!

Snake will love this lol. Where are you Tim?
HS is a bit hit and miss I reckon. There's that bloody 'staring right through you' eyes look once again! Damn it Hot Toys, get some emotion in them for a change. And the mouth is epic fail giving that weird, turdy, stupid/stumped look. Other than that, with the obligatory tweaking, we should see a pretty rad and hot Scarlett figure coming here :D Definitely get that mouth closed though!
I'm sure I'll shoot myself in the foot here (and so will others 'DANCE boy, DANCE) but I think slightly posed eyes would really bring out HEAPS more of that headsculpt AND likeness!

:lol I'm here! I'm here!!

The likeness is incredible and looks amazing overall, but the head looks a tad large in some shots. Still a definite buy though. Bravo HT!

Just for you King..

watermark.php

:wave

:lol Brilliant.

:dunno You seriously can't see "much difference" between the two!?

watermark.php
20100510_3dfd4d3f106301a1ea78epyB3KcceI2z.jpg

Seriously Devil bud, ____ OFF!!! You always manage to mod things and show how close a figure came to perfection but not quite. :D

Love how so many 'easy passers' have done the old switcheroo and now this is a definite buy.

The hair looks amazing in the protos... I can't imagine how they'll be able to pull that off on the production figures.

The material for the costume is a bit too thick, and you can notice trouble spots like between the armpits; but I'm doubtful they'll change how they make the whole outfit at this point.

Last edited:
The hair looks amazing in the protos... I can't imagine how they'll be able to pull that off on the production figures.

Agreed. That is the only worrying aspect. Even in the Tommy Richardson blog pics, the hair looks a little crappy.

Hopefully will be fine with some futzing.

I cant be arsed to read through 14 pages of posts having just woken up.

But personally unless that headsculpt is improved this is going to be an easy pass!

The outfit looks great, even the hair looks better than I expected. Little lacking on accessories but then again I cant think of anything else that the character could come with.

But that head sculpt is pretty bad for me! I can see Scarlett Johanson in some pics but in most it looks more like some sort of blow up doll. And whats with Hot Toys and partially open mouths lately.

Anyway, currently its a pass. Hope the sculpt is improved because thats the only thing holding me back from ordering this right now.

Shame. All of this is just my opinion. May seem spot on to others but to me (like I said 14 pages that I havent read), it could be better

Did anyone notice in the film Widow held a needle when she injected Tony at the donut shop.

So now we can use the hand with syringe from the Silken Floss figure for black widow again ! :lol

Back