1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Spider Speculation

Instant preorder for me. Looks great. Eyes will probably light up as well.

I didn't love the design when we saw it in Homecoming, but it's really grown on me. I doubt I'll grab this as I'm satisfied with the Homecoming suit.

I didn't love the design when we saw it in Homecoming, but it's really grown on me. I doubt I'll grab this as I'm satisfied with the Homecoming suit.

The homecoming one has the vibe of a “definitive” spiderman. All others seems variants.

I think the figure will light up. The Cosbaby Iron Spiders also have lit-up Iron Spideys.

Is this a power pose kind of thing or is this an actual figure it looks like very plasticky

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The homecoming one has the vibe of a “definitive” spiderman. All others seems variants.

If you mean "definitive" for you as your favorite looking Spider-Man that's great. But if you mean THE "definitive" look for Spider-Man as being the closest we've gotten to his classic look in the comics, then I'd have to disagree.. The closest to Spider-Man's iconic comic look is still the ASM2 suit. Those movies were awful, but at least we got a great looking Spidey. The new Homecoming figure is better, but the suit is still a bit of a ways off from the comics.

The Homecoming suit has grown on me. With just a few tweaks I think it may have been my favorite as well. If it didn't have the unnecessary thick black lines all over it would've been near perfect. I could live with the thin lines in the blue parts, but those thick black lines still throw it off for me. Curious if it's gonna change much in Spider-Man 2 as I'm sure the Iron Spider suit is gonna mainly just be showcased in Avengers IW & Avengers 4.

If you mean "definitive" for you as your favorite looking Spider-Man that's great. But if you mean THE "definitive" look for Spider-Man as being the closest we've gotten to his classic look in the comics, then I'd have to disagree.. The closest to Spider-Man's iconic comic look is still the ASM2 suit. Those movies were awful, but at least we got a great looking Spidey. The new Homecoming figure is better, but the suit is still a bit of a weighs off from the comics.

The Homecoming suit has grown on me. With just a few tweaks I think it may have been my favorite as well. If it didn't have the unnecessary thick black lines all over it would've been near perfect. I could live with the thin lines in the blue parts, but those thick black lines still throw it off for me. Curious if it's gonna change much in Spider-Man 2 as I'm sure the Iron Spider suit is gonna mainly just be showcased in Avengers IW & Avengers 4.

I think they are referring to within the MCU.

I think they are referring to within the MCU.

Yeah, but still then there has only been one costume so far in the MCU so nothing to compare it to. The Iron Spidey is gonna just be a special variant suit, not something that lasts. I would love to see his Black Costume, but sony had to F that up with their dumb Venom movie.

I meant as a movie (anyone) related suit.
AMS 1 and 2 were interesting but still “variants” for me.

When I saw the homecoming one ,I finally yelled “That’s MY Spiderman!”

Sam Raimi ones were good but ,for me, the MCU nailed it with homecoming.

Still waiting on the perfect Parker though... (Tom Holland is very good anyway).

Yeah, but still then there has only been one costume so far in the MCU so nothing to compare it to. The Iron Spidey is gonna just be a special variant suit, not something that lasts. I would love to see his Black Costume, but sony had to F that up with their dumb Venom movie.

To me, the Civil War/Homecoming/Infinity War suit is THE MCU Spidey suit. Pretty sure there will be different variations of it in the future, but it's the suit that started Spidey in the MCU. I agree, the Iron Spider is not gonna last Infinity War. The Symbiote suit is probably my favourite suit of all time. I really do hope we will see a version of it in the MCU someday.

I meant as a movie (anyone) related suit.
AMS 1 and 2 were interesting but still “variants” for me.

When I saw the homecoming one ,I finally yelled “That’s MY Spiderman!”

Sam Raimi ones were good but ,for me, the MCU nailed it with homecoming.

Still waiting on the perfect Parker though... (Tom Holland is very good anyway).

Out of all the movies ever the suit of the Raimi movies is still the best for me, but when it comes to figures Iron Spider is the one. I don't like the others at all.

I probably won't get him, but this guy does look pretty cool.

Here's a Hot Toys pic from FB without glass between.

30652264_10155415736877344_7516184792245731328_o.jpg

Looks great but will be a highly restrictive and delicate figure I think. Alsmot a statue.

Never cared for Iron Spider and definitely prefer the more classic look when it's comes to the character. As cool as this is, I'll probably pass.

Don't think it a power pose. Can see threading on the arms.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

It's not a powerpose.

Back