1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Spider Speculation

I’m leaning towards getting this one but haven’t decided yet. I’m getting the tech suit soon once my last flex payment gets charged. For me that’s the definitive Spidey suit but this has grown on me. I’m really hoping for a black suit eventually.

Side note I hope Hot Toys makes a Tom Hardy Venom. Even if the film isn’t great or tied to the MCU he’d be cool to put on display.

I sort of wish this was being done like an Iron Man figure, with a new sculpt, rather than the shiny suit overlay. We'll see how it turns out, but right now it's reading more plasticy than metal to me, and I wonder about articulation.

I think it looks pretty awesome actually. Im sure for this figure it's incredibly hard for HT to find material and design that can be somewhat flexible for some articulation, look metallic and generally look high end. Therefore I give HT top marks to even attempt a figure like this.

Colours are vibrant. Looks great imo !

If I were to get this, it would almost certainly be displayed without the iron legs on the back. Since I never cared for those on the comic suit either.
Yes if I get this I would not use the iron legs either.

180413102221967873.jpg

180413102221508655.jpg

180413102221248388.jpg

180413102220986295.jpg

180413102220722445.jpg

This is a must in my collection.. and I’m not a fan of the Iron Spider in the comics either :lol

Yep it's pretty damn impressive I think. Look at that head and eyes ! And the suit panels (where it's red). Amazing !

Is this suit fully armored like an Iron Man or is it supposed to be a material? Doesn’t completely look like either but I’m not sure what it is.

Is this suit fully armored like an Iron Man or is it supposed to be a material? Doesn’t completely look like either but I’m not sure what it is.
Looks like plastic and fabric.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

It reminds me more of the material used for Cavill’s Superman whichever version. This can be a very good and flexible material if that’s the idea

Cool, how long will the suit last before deteriorating?

It's really cool and all, but the current stitching shown here doesn't look like it'll hold up for long.
Being new to the Hot Toys community, can you explain how you can tell? By your guess, how long would this last until it deteriorates? Will it deteriorate even in a static museum pose?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Being new to the Hot Toys community, can you explain how you can tell? By your guess, how long would this last until it deteriorates? Will it deteriorate even in a static museum pose?

I’ve owned well over 100 HT figures, and I see nothing that worries me. Keep your figures out of direct sunlight, not in a super humid environment, and take general good care of your living space and you won’t have problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve owned well over 100 HT figures, and I see nothing that worries me. Keep your figures out of direct sunlight, not in a super humid environment, and take general good care of your living space and you won’t have problems.

Thanks! :)

Agreed.

Great Googley-Moogley!!! This looks Amazing, er... Iron! I’m not sure which is better, but I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally speaking, they seem to have improved a bit in their material choices.

If you are new and looking at older figures, there are threads you can look through (search Hot Toys deterioration).

Usually pertains to their use of poor quality rubber materials in older suits. Full body suits like some older Batman figures, rubber for bare arms, that sort of thing.

Pleather flaking off or cracking on coats and jackets is another one. And some of the older Iron Man figures discolored in the the briefs area because of the materials they used.

But again, the quality seems to be a bit better these days. Except they still use really cheap glue so things can fall off sometimes.

Like others have said, humidity, sunlight, proper handling, and environmental factors play a big role in how figures hold up over time.

Don’t let it scare you. If you stick to newer figures and take care of them, you’ll have be figures for a long time. Just watch out when buying older rubber or pleather heavy figures. When in doubt, just ask.

Back