Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really is a phenomenal sculpt, but I'm not likely to watch this film (at least not until it hits streaming and I'm bored) and like some others here, have no interest in aged Indy.

One more.
Screenshot_20230701_144803_Instagram.jpg

Just hope they try to go for OG Indy and not de-aged Indy for the younger version.

He'd look even more off.
We could have a Mando luke situation on our hands also. That sculpt is the best we've gotten so I wouldn't be surprised if they still did a good job with young Indy.

Something makes me wonder.. if HT really had a young Indy in the works, I think they would realize it would undercut the sales for the old Indy.. lets face it, if had to pick just one, most will go with the young Indy.

Something makes me wonder.. if HT really had a young Indy in the works, I think they would realize it would undercut the sales for the old Indy.. lets face it, if had to pick just one, most will go with the young Indy.
Yeah, if we get a younger Indy it’ll probably be a few months until it’s announced. They want to sell this version for the new film and if they announce both at once more people will buy the younger one. If they wait more people may buy both.

Yulli was the main sculptor for this. Now we know Harrison's older face gives the sculptor more to work with, the younger Ford from 77-84 era is still notoriously tricky to get right.

I refuse to see the movie but still plan to pick this up
That really is a phenomenal sculpt, but I'm not likely to watch this film (at least not until it hits streaming and I'm bored) and like some others here, have no interest in aged Indy.

You guys are seriously missing out on a great movie. The more I think about it, the more I have to admit I really, really liked it.

Yup, I'm with you guys! It wasn't perfect by any means. But it also wasn't all the arguably bad/negative stuff that was mentioned to be happening to the character way back when it was originally in production, which I was happy about. I stopped with spoiler type stuff early on though, so ppl who had been following every little leak/detail up to the film's release may not be as happy :lol I was glad it wasn't as bad at KOTCS and for me, about on par with TLC.

Yup, I'm with you guys! It wasn't perfect by any means. But it also wasn't all the arguably bad/negative stuff that was mentioned to be happening to the character way back when it was originally in production, which I was happy about. I stopped with spoiler type stuff early on though, so ppl who had been following every little leak/detail up to the film's release may not be as happy :lol I was glad it wasn't as bad at KOTCS and for me, about on par with TLC.
If a person is exposing themselves ahead of time to every spoiler for a film, then regardless of the film I think they are setting themselves up for a joyless experience.

If a person is exposing themselves ahead of time to every spoiler for a film, then regardless of the film I think they are setting themselves up for a joyless experience.
Agreed. My curiosity won out to a spoiler-ish article way back when I think the first leaked image of Ford with the tracking dots on his face giving clues to him more than likely being de-aged in the film; and, that was enough for me to say "not going to click on anything else." My best friend won't even watch or read anything beyond the first full trailer for a movie as she doesn't want to go into it with any more than what was shown there.

Agreed. My curiosity won out to a spoiler-ish article way back when I think the first leaked image of Ford with the tracking dots on his face giving clues to him more than likely being de-aged in the film; and, that was enough for me to say "not going to click on anything else." My best friend won't even watch or read anything beyond the first full trailer for a movie as she doesn't want to go into it with any more than what was shown there.
I think that’s the way to go; they always seem to reveal too much in the second trailer for films, especially summer blockbusters. Having the events of a film unfold before you for the first time is a huge part of the experience; if a person has already exposed themselves to every twist and turn and created preconceived notions of how good or bad those things are based on online conversations, then they’ve ruined the experience for themselves or the ability to come to the kind of a genuine conclusion one can only have if they go into a film ‘blind’.

Back