1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we also get a little baby Groot in pot? Please????????????

PD140731746059j.jpg

Having finally seen the film, I gotta say I think the Groot figure looks fantastic - but quite frankly I think Hot Toys needs to go back to the drawing board on their Rocket figure. The gun looks great, but the rest...not so much. It just feels like an extremely poor representation of the character. Between the face, the sculpted hair, the paint apps, the poor fitting of the costume - Rocket to me is not only the weakest figure of the Guardians so far, but perhaps the weakest figure Hot toys has produced in a long time. Once you look past the fact that they're both raccoons wearing clothes, I just don't see the resemblance. At all. It a shame, because I felt that Rocket really stole the film.

10500484_671339016273968_5498638714467002042_n.jpg

KLE5430_comp_v109_grade.1063.jpg

10423898_671338916273978_4330662087449956137_n.jpg

Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_NBJ1390_comp_v075_grade.1032.jpg

Having finally seen the film, I gotta say I think the Groot figure looks fantastic - but quite frankly I think Hot Toys needs to go back to the drawing board on their Rocket figure. The gun looks great, but the rest...not so much. It just feels like an extremely poor representation of the character. Between the face, the sculpted hair, the paint apps, the poor fitting of the costume - Rocket to me is not only the weakest figure of the Guardians so far, but perhaps the weakest figure Hot toys has produced in a long time. Once you look past the fact that they're both raccoons wearing clothes, I just don't see the resemblance. At all. It a shame, because I felt that Rocket really stole the film.

10500484_671339016273968_5498638714467002042_n.jpg

View attachment 126863

10423898_671338916273978_4330662087449956137_n.jpg

View attachment 126862

This post, I like it. Another!

I could not have said that better, myself. XD At the moment, I'm only getting Groot but I'm going to wait for Guardians 2 to get Rocket, Gamora, and MAYBE Drax. Depending on if they beef him up and fix the sculpt.

Saw guardians finally, Loved every damn second... Ordered Starlord

Now when it comes to groot... those lower legs HT's have sculpted look way too fat and club footed... cant justify ordering

Yeah man, I enjoyed it immensely as well. Just saw it for the second time yesterday.

Starlord didn't have that much depth behind his character, but Pratt is such a likeable guy it didn't matter.

I disagree. You have to keep in mind that they are sculpting fur into a solid piece. This can make the figure look some what different compared to the movie version simply because the figure isn't a 1/6 raccoon figure with a full body rooted hair. The sculpt for the head is spot on in terms of translating Rockets fur to plastic.

The problem with the figure is the eyes. They're nothing like the eyes that rocket has in the movie. In the movie, all you see is his brown pupil. On the figure, he has smaller pupils which makes it more human. The same thing goes for the Groot figure. Groot has pure black eyes while the figure has a smaller set of pupils.

A quick photoshop of the figure and you can see the difference that it makes. All I did for Rocket was make his pupil bigger so it fills his eye out more. For Groot I just filled in his eyes black.

FbJfGb8.jpg

U2XHd3I.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree. You have to keep in mind that they are sculpting fur into a solid piece. This can make the figure look some what different compared to the movie version simply because the figure isn't a 1/6 raccoon figure with a full body rooted hair. The sculpt for the head is spot on in terms of translating Rockets fur to plastic.

The problem with the figure is the eyes. They're nothing like the eyes that rocket has in the movie. In the movie, all you see is his brown pupil. On the figure, he has smaller pupils which makes it more human. The same thing goes for the Groot figure. Groot has pure black eyes while the figure has a smaller set of pupils.

A quick photoshop of the figure and you can see the difference that it makes. All I did for Rocket was make his pupil bigger so it fills his eye out more. For Groot I just filled in his eyes black.

FbJfGb8.jpg

U2XHd3I.jpg

Pretty good points, though I would have to say that Groot's eyes are an easy fix with a marker or something.

Finally saw the movie last Fri and pretty happy I didn't spring for the 2-pack. Groot was endearing and entertaining but not enough to warrant a figure in my collection. Rocket on the other hand... :lol That lil 'vermin' stole the show IMO.

What I DO want though is a full scale baby Groot that actually dances! I checked RPF and all the builds there are static displays. Still can't believe Disney didn't jump on this, seems like a merchandising gold mine.
tumblr_n9zxb8IOiq1qiev6co2_250.gif

Finally saw the movie last Fri and pretty happy I didn't spring for the 2-pack. Groot was endearing and entertaining but not enough to warrant a figure in my collection. Rocket on the other hand... :lol That lil 'vermin' stole the show IMO.

What I DO want though is a full scale baby Groot that actually dances! I checked RPF and all the builds there are static displays. Still can't believe Disney didn't jump on this, seems like a merchandising gold mine.

Well....

10613107_717366901632416_8624732026047433231_n.jpg

10391417_717366918299081_6437229363824983859_n.jpg

Oh they will...

Back