1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well according to my tracking e-mail Rocket & Groot should be here today!
I just hope the bright sunshine doesn't hurt the UPSuck drivers eyes and causes another delay.
Adverse weather my butt!

Sorry to see what happened to your package Thrawn.

I don't believe we should have to "request" a packout from Sideshow and then pay more for it. BBTS, Alterego and just about every other company that sells HT puts them in an actual shipping box. It's standard practice in my opinion, I don't get why Sideshow doesn't do it. I'm sure they have lost and will continue to lose customers as a result.

My package is no longer delayed, scheduled for delivery tomorrow....hoping it does not arrive "harpooned". :lol

:lecture

Right now, I have the team on a detolf. Whenever Drax and Thanos arrive, I guess I will have to move the set to a Besta. Never wanted to incorporate 1/6 on my PF shelves. Then again, I did put 1/6 Lara (and her 7" from the latest vid game) and my 1/6 Nathan (and his vid game fig) with their pf's. Guess I have no excuse.

Is anyone still blown away by Groot's size? I feel like I want to put him on a PF base and show him off like that for a while.

Got my exclusive set in today and man is Groot IMPRESSIVE.

Can't remember the last time a figure 'wow'ed me the way Groot did once I saw him in person. Crazy amount of detail and an amazing overall sculpt from head to toe. Figure just looks incredible all around.

I'm not so sure of Rocket yet. He's way better in person but the sculpt could have really used a proper closed and screaming mouth one. They look awesome together though.

19156485019_7f57d2bfd9_b.jpg

19342645425_cf1fcd78d9_b.jpg

19145469018_68b6831e47_b.jpg

Love these shots bro!

pulled my guys out of the box...

i'll echo what everyone else says... these are an amazing set! no complaints at all! :yess:

and finally can get this shot after waiting soooooo long!!! :yess:

bring on drax!!

I got mine yesterday and the set is fantastic. Groot is impressive. I wanted him with the calm face, but may go for the angry groot to have him lurching forward so he can fit in my detolf better. Really good set.

So after a 3 day delay...
Rocket & Groot have arrived!
I opened them up and gave a quick look.
No damage to shipper box or art box.
Groot is massive!
I'm going to have a blast posing these two together!
Maybe my twin brother will let me use his Star Lord and Gamora figures as well.

Just a note to say I'm pretty happy with the customer service at Sideshow... just jumped on the live chat and asked to swap my Non-EX set to the EX and 5 minutes later, it's all done. This set is what got me started collecting, but I was late to the party. Glad to be able to get the EX set now.

I'm still waiting in VT with no updates on UPS.

Disappointed. ...but maybe an update next week.

In the meantime. ..keep those pics coming please. ..

So after a 3 day delay...
Rocket & Groot have arrived!
I opened them up and gave a quick look.
No damage to shipper box or art box.
Groot is massive!
I'm going to have a blast posing these two together!
Maybe my twin brother will let me use his Star Lord and Gamora figures as well.

Or maybe I can use your Rocket & Groot in my pics :wink1:

Here are some pictures of my current poses. Rocket's got his gun pointed slightly upward, while Groot's leaning forward in an attacking pose, like he's about to swipe at something. Rocket and Groot separately:
groot.jpg

I'm not fond of this next pose, but I'm still trying to figure out a good way to have Rocket standing on Groot. I will say that I'm impressed by how Groot stays balanced even with Rocket hanging on his arm (those ratchet arms undoubtedly help).
groot2.jpg

And I just realized that Groot's leg can bend a bit more at the hip, so now I have him in a more extreme forward-leaning pose (and tilted the top of the torso down a bit as well). The pictures can't seem to capture it (sorry, cell phone pics), but it looks pretty fantastic (and menacing) in person.

groot3.jpg

groot4.jpg

Back