1/6 Hot Toys : "Fugitive" Predator (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As P. pointed out in the NECA Toys thread, the Predators in the movie had expressionless brows and what we see represented in this Hot Toys head looks nothing like the movie. At no point did the mandibles even close like that in the movie; when he was strapped to the table or walking around that lab.

I think he's more or less on the money, actually. This Predator has chunkier jowls. The cheaper move would've been to recreate the P1, but the sculptor noticed it's not the same face. I'm impressed. Texture also looks nice and wet. It's a fairly accurate representation, the source material is just terrible. :lol

The real concern is whether they'll simply reuse this head if they release a P1 2.0 later on.

i don't know how you can call it "fairly accurate", because the face shapes don't remind of that movie creature. it's like calling a Stallone heasculpt a pretty accurate representation of Schwarzenegger - has same two eyes, a horisontal mouth, some hair on top and can be met in similar action movies.

texture and paint is great, yes. that's what he definitely can do about predators on a high level without argue (except for always putting a lot of brown substance into their mouths for some weeeeeird reason).

Yes because we’ve all noticed it’s been done before with the reuse of a previous Predator head sculpt! They better not cut corners and try to pawn this head sculpt off as a P1 2.0 by adding a slight few changes to the head/crown area and some different paint apps then say, here’s the jungle hunter 2.0!

That's exactly what I expect them to do. :lol

As P. pointed out in the NECA Toys thread, the Predators in the movie had expressionless brows and what we see represented in this Hot Toys head looks nothing like the movie. At no point did the mandibles even close like that in the movie; when he was strapped to the table or walking around that lab.

Oddly enough, the entire time I was watching that scene I was thinking "why has no one been able to get the mandibles to shut properly since Winston?" In that respect, you could say HT improved it. :D But yeah, the accuracy argument goes out the window if that's the case. I'm sure they did it so that the mask could be placed on top, same as Prime 1.

I'm sure they did it so that the mask could be placed on top, same as Prime 1.

All of the preds for the last few years have all had plugs in the masks so you have to removes the mandibles to attach the mask, so that can't be it either. And, some of the pictures of this pred have the mask with the same system.

I like it?

The crest of the head looks like a good starting point for the P1.

and all in all the head looks like Tsang found old P1 longface horsehead and gave it fattest mandibles ever.

For People without FB:

42848637_1913692485351947_1689914221879361536_n.jpg

I have to say "You're One Ugly Mother********!"

Easy pass with this headsculpt.

Man that looks bad. But anyway not interested because of the ****** movie.

i wonder why that photo shows a brown body but definitely a very yellow head. like it wasn't even meant to match.

But there would be figures, probably at a greater pace.

And it's always fun to investigate the possibilities of combining parts from different companies.

But there would be figures, probably at a greater pace.

And it's always fun to investigate the possibilities of combining parts from different companies.

True regarding figures being produced at a greater pace. But if one thinks the figure sucks anyway, then I suppose the rate of production would be irrelevant.

But good point about the possibility of being able to combine the best parts from different companies to create the most accurate looking representation.

I'd love for a company like DAM to get the license for Alien, Predator and Terminator. I think they'd do a really good job, as evident with their Universal Soldier figures (among all their military stuff). The 1/4 scale T2 Arnie is pretty good also, even if the sculpt isn't 100% spot on, I'd still prefer it over the HT ones.

It's the inner beauty that counts. ;) nahhh,lol

I might be pre-ordering this figure. He looks kind of cool but the face sculpt is AWEFUL...if the final product looks like this then the mask is staying on...sorry but inner beauty don't mean **** to me...maybe posing him the right way will make him look decent. I love Hot Toys Predator figures so yes I will order this. Have not seen the movie yet but have seen a few video reviews of the movie and it looks absolutely terrible. I really want a new Alien Xenomorph which I am sure may others would love as well. I really hope this predator figure turns out looking decent.

Attachments

• -8630fU5_400x400.jpg
    -8630fU5_400x400.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Really hope they resculpt this if they ever put out a JH 2.0. Only ADI's Predators open their mouths this way.

Back