1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped the video at this point, because it reminded me of the vintage Kenner figure...

View attachment 541033

This is probably be one of those figures that has to be seen in hand to appreciate it.
I too was getting those Kenner vibes.
Love the packaging on this guy.
Also means Luke Snowspeeder will get the same packaging.
Cannot wait to get Lando!!

I stopped the video at this point, because it reminded me of the vintage Kenner figure...

View attachment 541033

This is probably be one of those figures that has to be seen in hand to appreciate it.
I thought the head had a Hasbro BS 6" fig vibe in those shots, but that's mostly due to the lesser video quality due to it being streamed.

I'm knida disappointed, but yes, still getting it. It's Lando. And that vintage style box rocks.

I too was getting those Kenner vibes.
Love the packaging on this guy.
Also means Luke Snowspeeder will get the same packaging.
Cannot wait to get Lando!!
Kenner Lando is all about teeth, whether painted or unpainted. This headsculpt is all pursed lips and gums, no teeth. :dunno:lol

No close up of the sculpt in that review?
Probably coming on Tuesday's unsealed and revealed. Here's hoping the lighting there is better for showing off some of the texturing and lines in the face, because from a few of those blogger photos, that is there.
Kenner Lando is all about teeth, whether painted or unpainted. This headsculpt is all pursed lips and gums, no teeth. :dunno:lol
Go back a couple pages and check out that pic I posted of stripper "dancer" Harley. Hot Toys can't be trusted with teeth.

My Lando arrived...I really wasn't expecting him this early. I don't know what lighting the bloggers use but I don't think the likeness is that bad in person.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Cape looks like it's going to be a PIA to futz.

It looked a mess at the end of Sideshow's unboxing as well as in Raygun's video above.

While there's messy look Lando cape...

lando6.jpg

...I prefer this sharper appearance:

Lando5.jpg

The collar's wired so it ought to be able to be trained like that.

Cape looks like a huge pain, but I think lando looks great. Looks fine to me and will probably be a sculpt that looks better in hand. Really happy to add him and now I’m going to go cry about han.

It looked a mess at the end of Sideshow's unboxing as well as in Raygun's video above.
is that his name? I always thought it sounded like he was saying “Raygun” in the intro of his videos but just thought it must be a name that only sounds like Raygun to my dumb American brain.

Anyhow, looks great in his video as always. The lighting in that Sideshow video is absolutely brutal - so harsh it crushes all the details to leave the figure looking like a $6 doll. If they’re going to keep doing early unboxing videos then they’ll have to step their lighting game way up or else they’ll be convincing more people to cancel orders than place them.

now I’m going to go cry about han.

Why what happened to Han? When I last saw ROTJ he was doing great. Helped saved the galaxy, he and Leia were happy together, etc. Did he die or something? No way he reverted back to being a penniless failed smuggler or worse a deadbeat dad and a louse, right?

is that his name? I always thought it sounded like he was saying “Raygun” in the intro of his videos but just thought it must be a name that only sounds like Raygun to my dumb American brain.

It's what it sounded like, then I saw someone call him by that name in the comments for the Death Watch video.

Anyhow, looks great in his video as always. The lighting in that Sideshow video is absolutely brutal - so harsh it crushes all the details to leave the figure looking like a $6 doll. If they’re going to keep doing early unboxing videos then they’ll have to step their lighting game way up or else they’ll be convincing more people to cancel orders than place them.

He seemed really pleased with Lando in hand, but it was painful seeing him leave the cape collar in a mess while saying, "niiice!". :lol

Why what happened to Han? When I last saw ROTJ he was doing great. Helped saved the galaxy, he and Leia were happy together, etc. Did he die or something? No way he reverted back to being a penniless failed smuggler or worse a deadbeat dad and a louse, right?
Never. Disney would never crap on legendary characters like that. He got a vasectomy from Logray and lived happily ever after.

Back