1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't help it. Its the first thing I saw.

I too wanted a little character, a little smirk... but as they say: be careful what you wish for.

That aside, I also feel the inner cape is a little too yellowy and not orangey enough.

But that all said, I'll still likely pick him up. He'll go well with HT's original ANH Who Solo and Ben Idontknowbi.

I too wanted a little character, a little smirk... but as they say: be careful what you wish for.
I would have wanted a grin, but after they did this to Harley's mouth, I figured anything else would be better. I'm not doing so very enthusiastically, but I still stand by that.
Harley's jacked up smile.png

It looks like a doll. Haven't been impressed with a HT sculpt in a long time.

In a couple of blogger pics I thought the same thing. Its still better than the sideshow attempts so i guess it will have to suffice.

That aside, I also feel the inner cape is a little too yellowy and not orangey enough.

But that all said, I'll still likely pick him up. He'll go well with HT's original ANH Who Solo and Ben Idontknowbi.
:rotfl
Yeah something about this fig has a slight Tonner doll vibe. It's the kind of expression smile you see on those dolls maybe.

In a couple of blogger pics I thought the same thing. Its still better than the sideshow attempts so i guess it will have to suffice.
Yeah cool if you're satisfied. I just thought HT would be better in almost 2022 when I imagined what they would be like 10 years ago in 2022. They aren't even close.

He's the smoothest brother in the galaxy, especially in this pic right here:
244433260_10158266337252344_1580471750250434176_n.jpg

Looking a little too smooth.

Wow Timewalker is showing this arriving in just a couple weeks. I figured it would be a couple months at least until we got this!

I see they already have the Death Watch Mando as imminent arrival as well. Great to see the smaller retailers getting some stock too!

Sorry guys, I understand that there may be some critiques on the sculpt but it is overwhelmingly obvious that it’s BDW/Lando. Yes, the lips may be off but it’s Lando and you’d instantly recognize him as Lando. It’s a good figure, an iconic character from the series, and I’m looking forward to getting it and not just another generic, helmeted army builder.

Back