1/6 Hot Toys - Endgame - Captain America (Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin does solid videos, good quality. He is over-positive about his reviews, but he has a motive to push out figures, so you have to expect that a bit.

On a side note, Toys Wonderland, the sales site he works with, has been a little iffy. Have a figure (I hope) to receive from them, so let's see how that goes.

iffy?

Yup everything is fine the problems are being over exaggerated lol

The lack of trapezius muscles bugs me way much more than the size of the star though.

His shoulders are literally a letter L laying on its back lol

Like this: ________|

But I still want Box Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna wait till they do a proper one. I'd say there's a reasonable chance it would happen.

I'm gonna wait till they do a proper one. I'd say there's a reasonable chance it would happen.

giphy.gif

Pretty much what I expected from the review. :lol

Yeah as much as I love Justin's positivity and excitement over these figures, I think he's definitely being way too generous about this one.

I can definitely see how HT probably didn't have the time to refine things the way they normally do and improve the proportions a lot more... but that doesn't change how awful this first figure looks.

@Justin's Collection review

Cant take him seriously when he said Hot toys did there best. He seems slightly shillish. I dunno. The figure looks horrible from most levels. No matter how overly positive he tries to be.

Yeah as much as I love Justin's positivity and excitement over these figures, I think he's definitely being way too generous about this one.

I can definitely see how HT probably didn't have the time to refine things the way they normally do and improve the proportions a lot more... but that doesn't change how awful this first figure looks.

I feel the same way, Its not a figure I would want in my collection the way it is now. hopefully the final figure is better.

Yup everything is fine the problems are being over exaggerated lol

The lack of trapezius muscles bugs me way much more than the size of the star though.

His shoulders are literally a letter L laying on its back lol

Like this: ________|

But I still want Box Man.

What's over exaggerated about a huge awkward block of plastic over the chest that is completely inaccurate, no traps, a mini star, and jarring mini buckles on massive shoulder straps? I think all the complaints are warranted. This isn't the usual " the color is slightly off" type nit picks.

I'm not one to normally pick apart figures as hot toys normally puts out fire (War machine mk4) but this guy looks far from fine. Its completely below standards. Fingers crossed for the normal release. If they dont upgrade looks like IW cap will be my mainstay. For better or worse lol. Unfortunately these forums aren't where they notice complaints anyway :dunno

I ordered a figure from them two weeks ago. A couple days after ordering they sent me a notice my package was in the mail, with a tracking number. A week after that, the tracking showed that the carrier had not even received the package, and I contacted Toys Wonderland. They said I should see it sent out the next day, and it looks like it was put in the mail in the last 24hours.

I just haven't used them before, and if it takes over 10 days for a package to be put into the mail, and they tell you it was already in the mail...that gets on my iffy radar.

What's over exaggerated about a huge awkward block of plastic over the chest that is completely inaccurate, no traps, a mini star, and jarring mini buckles on massive shoulder straps? I think all the complaints are warranted. This isn't the usual " the color is slightly off" type nit picks.

I'm not one to normally pick apart figures as hot toys normally puts out fire (War machine mk4) but this guy looks far from fine. Its completely below standards. Fingers crossed for the normal release. If they dont upgrade looks like IW cap will be my mainstay. For better or worse lol. Unfortunately these forums aren't where they notice complaints anyway :dunno

Agreed, I think in 2014 this figure would be the best Cap out there easy. But with more recent releases, especially Concept Cap, we are seeing better proportions and our expectations are rising (along with the HT prices)

I think, out of all the reviewers, I like Optibotimus or Shartimus Prime more cause they tend to really tell it as it is and not sugar coat any faults to a figure.
As a reviewer, you have to be unbias even if you like the figure.
If it is a nitpick, sure, that's fine if it really is.
But dont say its not a big deal when it is.

I appreciate Justin getting figures early on so that you can get an early glimpse of the figure, but I cant sit and watch his videos all the way through.
No offense he's constant overglowing review is annoying.
I know this board can get picky, but c'mon, tell it as it is and not just "ooooohhhh....aaaaaahhhh...I dont know what they're talking about...this figure is amazing!!!"

If the regular Endgame Cap doesnt get fixed, I'm cancelling my order.
I have concept cap which takes the cake on being the best looking.
And that's where the problem is. How can Hot toys release and finally nailed a Captain America figure, then go back and releasing a figure that looks worse that its previous figures.

Infinity Cap also looks better than the new Endgame Cap.
That's why all these modded Inifinity Cap blows away this new EG Cap.

I think, out of all the reviewers, I like Optibotimus or Shartimus Prime more cause they tend to really tell it as it is and not sugar coat any faults to a figure.
As a reviewer, you have to be unbias even if you like the figure.
If it is a nitpick, sure, that's fine if it really is.
But dont say its not a big deal when it is.

I appreciate Justin getting figures early on so that you can get an early glimpse of the figure, but I cant sit and watch his videos all the way through.
No offense he's constant overglowing review is annoying.
I know this board can get picky, but c'mon, tell it as it is and not just "ooooohhhh....aaaaaahhhh...I dont know what they're talking about...this figure is amazing!!!"

If the regular Endgame Cap doesnt get fixed, I'm cancelling my order.
I have concept cap which takes the cake on being the best looking.
And that's where the problem is. How can Hot toys release and finally nailed a Captain America figure, then go back and releasing a figure that looks worse that its previous figures.

Infinity Cap also looks better than the new Endgame Cap.
That's why all these modded Inifinity Cap blows away this new EG Cap.

Good points, Concept Cap is the best cap they have so far in my opinion.

Justin can't speak too negatively about any figure cause he needs to help push sales for whatever partner(s) he's working with. I believe ToysWonderlandHK or whoever it is currently. Wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to get on Howard's good page as well.

Besides, you can't really trust a reviewer that buys 99.9% of all releases. I always prefer to trust a reviewer that has plenty of criticism and carefully selects which pieces to add to their curated collection. TheClipperKing was one of my favorite reviewers but I don't know what happened to him. I would love to get his take on this D23 Capt lol.

Justin can't speak too negatively about any figure cause he needs to help push sales for whatever partner(s) he's working with. I believe ToysWonderlandHK or whoever it is currently. Wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to get on Howard's good page as well.

Besides, you can't really trust a reviewer that buys 99.9% of all releases. I always prefer to trust a reviewer that has plenty of criticism and carefully selects which pieces to add to their curated collection. TheClipperKing was one of my favorite reviewers but I don't know what happened to him. I would love to get his take on this D23 Capt lol.

I agree with you about clipperking, although I also tend to fast forward on his reviews cause most of the time, he'll ramble of 15 minutes before even getting to the figures. lol.
But I agree that he will say it as it is and be brutally honest about a figure's shortcomings.

I wonder what happened to him.

Has he ever had a negative review of a figure?

I miss ClipperKing as well. Was my favorite reviewer. Even my wife who doesn't care anything about figures would watch at times and chime in. Plus he incorporated humor which I enjoyed. Don't see that from any other reviewer besides Shartimus.

Has he ever had a negative review of a figure?

I miss ClipperKing as well. Was my favorite reviewer. Even my wife who doesn't care anything about figures would watch at times and chime in. Plus he incorporated humor which I enjoyed. Don't see that from any other reviewer besides Shartimus.

Clipperking was awesome, thats who i would see for my reviews. I think I remember Justin not linking the mark 50 accessories pack and the Neon tech Iron Man or war machine, not sure

Oh I agree I was just pointing out, poorly I might add, how Justin was just brushing off the 5 main complaints.

I trust (semi lol) a reviewer named Anthony Customs although he doesn?t review 1/6 only 1/12.

He doesn?t receive free figures from companies (that I can tell) so he just says it like it is.

He?s tough like Clipper King but again only 1/12 reviews, Hasbro never invites him anywhere lol and he doesn?t attend cons.

Sorry but Shartimus seems compromised to me, movie screenings and free toys just saying.

Most reviewers on YT are compromised.

Last edited:
Eh I may not have agreed with Justin in this case, but it honestly doesn't bother me if a reviewer isn't overly critical of a figure. Usually I can judge from the video itself whether a figure appears to be worth getting or not. And it's only if there are issues with articulation or some other unexpected thing that I really care much about their opinion.

Back