Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else have any trouble with the light up not working on the base? I just unboxed mine, hooked the parts together, plugged it in and no lights :/

Got mine in from Sideshow and set up today! I wish I could have a bunch of these bases - everything that I've put on it looks so much better (stormtroopers, Boba Fett...)

PXL_20230624_015031060.PORTRAIT.jpg

He's actually pretty dirty even in the hallway (there's also several visible tears on the pants and shirt) but the lighting and angles hide it a bit onscreen.

hallway.png

For me the HT super-subtle weathering works as a "generic" Luke Bespin centerpiece display, or as the Muppet Show appearance.
Yes. I meant this clean Bespin Luke.

Attachments

• IMG_2240.jpeg
    IMG_2240.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1199.jpeg
    IMG_1199.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 0
I modified my DX07 years ago to make him shorter as he was too tall for Hamill. Topped in at what would be considered 5’10” instead of 5’8”. Just swapped the lower ball joint legs for regular slim legs with regular ankle pegs.

This Luke seems to be too tall as well but I can’t bring myself to modify it yet. Who knows what the future holds. Not sure what legs they are using but I’d be curious to find out.
This is what I took off mine.

IMG_6640.jpeg

Didn't last very long...

main-qimg-b34fe552d08245875a03a034a4294e15-lq.jpg

Even if they just did basic weathering like this would be better...

1fee625b490fd6b962d99a68bb4f69a1.jpg

Ideally, I would like this version of the figure as the "clean version":

fffabe5e4677976158dd5c3742e07d30.jpg

But mostly, I'm holding out in hopes of a fully battle-damaged version with ragged uniform and chopped off hand.

Last edited:
He should’ve stopped at the Bespin Dry Cleaners to get his outfit cleaned and pressed for his meeting with Vader. Not a good first day impression showing up all sloppy with green goop on your shoulders. Some job interviews are tougher than others.

Didn't last very long...

View attachment 646531

Even if they just did basic weathering like this would be better...

View attachment 646532

Ideally, I would like this version of the figure as the "clean version":

View attachment 646533

But mostly, I'm holding out in hopes of a fully battle-damaged version with ragged uniform and chopped off hand.
Yeah that would have been my preference too, I'm just saying this is still a fair representation of his outfit looked in the actual movie. And shouldn't be dismissed as just a publicity photo or muppet show thing.

Quick out of the box pose with Farmboy and Jedi

View attachment 646542

The evolution of Luke. Always wanted that as a display.

But then I just had to have his Pilot outfit... AND I've always loved the style of the Hoth clothing in Star Wars. So there's a real problem with the shut off valve on Lukes...

Yeah I'm definitely going to need to get me one of these.

Just wonder how much I could get for my DX07 clean version? Or will anyone even want that anymore?

Last edited:
I still have hope that SDCC will bring a new "limited edition" battle-damaged Bespin Luke from Hot Toys.

'Limited edition' meaning available everywhere eventually.
Hopefully it won’t be a Cap Steath suit situation where the site crashes and you can’t preorder it.

Yeah I'm definitely going to need to get me one of these.

Just wonder how much I could get for my DX07 clean version? Or will anyone even want that anymore?
Last one that sold on eBay was about $150. Better off just keeping it for parts.

Back