Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke is not happy, he bought a lightsaber from a cheap Amazon market place seller and now the tip is on fire. :(
How funny! I just noticed that. Here are more photos I took this morning.
IMG_3790.jpeg

IMG_3789.jpeg

Decided to pay half of my order off for Luke using a gift card I had saved. All these photos got me wanting it more and if I'm being honest I'm slowly liking this more the Mando Luke as this just looks amazing with everything.

Decided to pay half of my order off for Luke using a gift card I had saved. All these photos got me wanting it more and if I'm being honest I'm slowly liking this more the Mando Luke as this just looks amazing with everything.
I had been exclusively collecting trooper or mando figures, but have since expanded my collection. Luke isn’t even my favorite character from Star Wars but this is honestly my favorite figure. He’s here to stay. He’s my first DX figure and I was blown away from just the box. The proportions are great and the sheen from his hair is really cool.

I just bought one on eBay for $5 cheaper than SS and will get it within the week, always regretted passing on the DX07 as Luke Bespin is my favorite representation. If I'm remembering correctly I had a few other things preordered and couldn't squeeze it in at the time. If they do a BD version I'll probably pick that one up as well.

I had been exclusively collecting trooper or mando figures, but have since expanded my collection. Luke isn’t even my favorite character from Star Wars but this is honestly my favorite figure. He’s here to stay. He’s my first DX figure and I was blown away from just the box. The proportions are great and the sheen from his hair is really cool.
I actually have three characters from The Mandalorian, Luke, Repaint Boba, S2 Din and Grogu, and Clone Wars Darth Maul. But I really want to get more characters mainly OT characters.

The only problem with going all-OT is that HT is going in the opposite direction. Each year there seems to be a bit less OT overall.

Right now there's really only a small handful of OT figures in HT's PO pipeline. Just ROTJ 3PO and Vader for the entire OT isn't it?

It's amazing that the number of HT Mando and BOBF figs exceeds the total number done for their entire OT line, and that OT number is also exceeded by the total number of ST figs.
True but I'm happy to have those on preorder with this Luke at least. Gotta get Lando also and hope one day we get Han and Chewy.

A829BD55-F23A-4428-8A10-7345B6D4572C.jpeg

Here’s my Dagobah Luke custom. Very happy with it.

Really disappointed though as the sockets on the body I’m using on him (ROTJ Standard Luke body) split/break, luckily the pegs still sit in there snug enough.

My Yodas ankle joints also both broke, I’m really disappointed in how brittle they were, anyone know if the AOTC Yoda comes with extra ankle pegs? I’m too lazy to check his box lol.

I keep looking at the new Bespin Luke and I just cannot see it. The DX7 looks better. The face to me looks more like Mark Hamil than this version. The one thing that is better is the skin color, but the likeness is NO BUENO!

Someone else said it above. It just looks like a Hasbro headsculpt, except for 12 inch figures. I think the head looks a little fat and chubby is the problem. I keep comparing pics of Bespin from the ESB movie and this and I just don't see this as being a strong likeness.

To each their own, but I just don't see it. I am trying to like it but.....at some point I have to stop trying to fool myself.

The only problem with going all-OT is that HT is going in the opposite direction. Each year there seems to be a bit less OT overall.

Right now there's really only a small handful of OT figures in HT's PO pipeline. Just ROTJ 3PO and Vader for the entire OT isn't it?

It's amazing that the number of HT Mando and BOBF figs exceeds the total number done for their entire OT line, and that OT number is also exceeded by the total number of ST figs.
Yeah i feel like I've semi-retired from collecting.

I am missing a few ot hot toys. I cannot pay ebay prices or rather refuse.

Only the original trilogy sells from what I understand and Disney forced hot toys/hasbro/ect to focus on the new characters from Disney and they do not sell. Some of the licenses have been rewritten somewhat due to poor sales. That's my understanding.

I know Hasbro for example and other toy licences have had meetings with Disney about this and the poor sales of the new Disney stuff. I am sure there's a ratio out there or limit of how many ot characters can be released from the Lucus stuff for now.

Eventually money talks and we will get a plethora of original trilogy characters again.

Back