Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually judging by those pics the height of the new boots does look pretty accurate, as they only seem to come about halfway up his leg. I never realized the Hoth and Bespin boots were so different.
The Hoth and Dago style boots aren't as clearly distinct as you'd think - there are a wide variety throughout Hoth and Dago scenes.

Luke wears the thinner, more canvas looking Dago-style boots (though snow-dusted) in the Hoth base yet has "fat" (location) and "thin" (studio) versions of the more brightly colored grey/white striped "Hoth" style (that appear more like fabric) in scenes like Wampa attack and crashed snowspeeder.

ESB boots are weird generally - Dengar wears Hoth rebel boots with stormtrooper shin armor under the straps, and Luke is the only snowspeeder pilot who wears the Hoth style strapped boots with orange flighsuit - all other pilots wear ANH leather boots..

These pics show the Hoth base style look and closer angle of the distinct "Muppet Show" style blaster (solely seen in Dagobah arrival) that HT has finally made with this new fig...

Gajzcwoh.jpg

Well I’m glad my DX07 doesn’t look like those blown-out photos in person, lol. Seriously those are terrible pics being compared to promo pics of a prototype.

I agree with a few others that DX07 still has the best likeness overall of any of the Lukes released, it’s just the 10-year-old paint apps that let it down at this point. Also the more I look at my DX07 on the shelf the more I prefer it’s baggier tailoring to this new one. But the DX07 promo pics also had pretty tight fitting, lighter colored clothes so I suppose there could be adjustments from proto to final on this one as well.

I guess I never looked... just made the assumption based on large 'crew' shots like this...

View attachment 572081
It's all over the place. In Hoth base itself no rebel pilots wear the Hoth-style boots, though you could maybe argue some/most of the pilots Leia addresses - all of whom wear black leather boots - are X-wing pilots wearing orange Hoth jackets, yet X-wing pilots DO have the Hoth-style boots in the later scene you show. It's what I mean about the weird thing with boots in ESB. Another weird one - female Hoth base techs wear ATAT driver boots (but then so do some peeps in Bespin. :lol )

It's especially noticeable with Luke, where he wears thin, high faded Dagobah style boots everywhere in Hoth base (21B scene, farewell to Chewy, jumping into snowspeeder) yet when he crashes later, he's wearing a totally different Hoth style boot that is super fat and has distinct dark grey with white stripe straps.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan - at all - of the non-BD DX07 head, but those are some of the worst pics of it I have ever seen of it - posted next to professionally taken/lit pics of the new fig.:dunno
You're not wrong on lighting, but lighting only goes so far....a turd under harsh light is still a turd. The DX07 undamaged sculpt has always been bad.

There's always something new to learn about in the OT.
It's so true.

I've been streaming the 1978 Battlestar Galactica lately and although it's funny to see a few BSG elements that were ripped off by the ESB designers (for example the "technician pits" design of the command deck seen in BSG and on star destroyers first seen in ESB), BSG just doesn't have the extreme wealth/depth of detail - set and costume - that SW movies have, even setting aisde that it was TV vs film.

I'm not a fan - at all - of the non-BD DX07 head, but those are some of the worst pics of it I have ever seen of it - posted next to professionally taken/lit pics of the new fig.:dunno
Hows this?

dx07-luke11.jpg

luke-skywalker-bespin-deluxe-version_star-wars_gallery_6256f7e732dc6.jpg

Attachments

• dx07-luke11.jpg
    dx07-luke11.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 11
  • luke-skywalker-bespin-deluxe-version_star-wars_gallery_6256f7e732dc6.jpg
    luke-skywalker-bespin-deluxe-version_star-wars_gallery_6256f7e732dc6.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 9
Back