Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure? Hard to tell, but it doesn't look open much...

giphy.gif
Right there at the end, his mouth looks open as he's tumbling down the pit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I’m going to have a rather controversial opinion here and say the second head actually looks great based on those video reviews. The filthy teeth are particularly sinister.

I’m going to have a rather controversial opinion here and say the second head actually looks great based on those video reviews. The filthy teeth are particularly sinister.

I don't hate it as much as some and he does have a pretty strong following outside of what was shown in TPM. But I do think a snarling look with gritted teeth would have been a much better way to go.

I'm digging the "jumping off the speeder bike" pose in that last video review. Might need to take that one as an extreme pose. Good use of the speeder and scream sculpt.

Otherwise a mean closed mouth standard pose in front of the speeder is also good I guess.

I also like that the Speeder Bike can be positioned in the middle or to the back of the stand.

View attachment 457958

That speeder bike set with Darth Maul will definitely offering countless poseable ways. Its going to be extremely fun though.

I can clearly see that "jumping off battle-mode stance " was heavily insprired by XM Darth Maul statue :)
ha6gJp.jpg

Another review of the DX:

I didnt understand anything he said lol ,but godamn that Maul is gorgeous, even the angry scuplt looks good and might be useful for future display with Qui-Gon and possibly young Padawan Obi.

That speeder bike set with Darth Maul will definitely offering countless poseable ways. Its going to be extremely fun though.

I can clearly see that "jumping off battle-mode stance " was heavily insprired by XM Darth Maul statue :)
View attachment 457978

Yes he even had it superimposed off to the side as he panned around it in his review. You should watch that review as well. In english helps too.

He's called. Figure Collecting 4 Dummies. Good review too.

Biggest gripe for me regarding second HS is not the choice of expression, but the execution. His mouth area is off and the overall expression does not show anger/hate enough.

The second sculpt looks like it was taken from Hasbro's card artwork:

MH05-DARTH_MAUL-13.jpg

54703674-288-k849414.jpg

The 2012 Darth Maul Design: Designed to emphasize on the theatrical release of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D, Hasbro created a new line called Movie Heroes. The 2012 line lasted through three waves. The first two were available everywhere, but the third wave saw very limited release in Europe. The Movie Heroes 2012 collection also had a Walmart exclusive subset called Discover The Force.

https://www.rebelscum.com/Darth-Maul-2012-Checklist.asp

I took the wires out of the leading edge of the cloak but it still does what it wants too, this is the best I can do for now.
58c7ba2e614118c641e1bb8c3a55d9c1.jpg
5f4d37661cee845da0c65ac81a53b673.jpg
782747acba3364b94f8d04e81439127d.jpg
787f1d86ced8a39d08ad0dde345d75f1.jpg

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

It's definitely getting better :)

The headsculpt in those shots looks awesome!

Yes I agree. That robed look will always be difficult with the hood on due to the horns.

But I agree with WorGar some water applied to the front of the robe may make it flow a bit more naturally.

Difficult as you need to maintain the pleats on the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I agree. That robed look will always be difficult with the hood on due to the horns.

But I agree with WorGar some water applied to the front of the robe may make it flow a bit more naturally.

Difficult as you need to maintain the pleats on the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's not easy to stimulate the behaviour for sixth scale fabric like its real life counter part.

Seems like it needs more futzing than Palpatine.

I think I will go for a dynamic pose without the cloak.

Back