Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after having to keep him boxed up for a week. I was finally able to unpack him tonight. Haven't really done much in the sense of futzing. I'm quite content as he looks actually, but need to get a custom base. He's not presented as well as he could. Utterly stunning figure. The detail is outstanding! I think its been established already, but the bandana is fully detailed with a paisley pattern effect as per the film, the hat doesn't look bad at all on the figure either. The whole package is just superb. This is a figure which I'm going to like more and more as time goes on. The posing options are limitless
. Quick picture using my potato Photo0853.jpg

I wasn't a fan of the base, however once set up and the figure displayed on it. Wow, It brings it to life Photo0857.jpg

My only problem with the base is the size :lol, it's a beast, granted the wheel from DX06 is big too, but this one really takes space.

Has anyone ever picked the 12" Neca talking Davy?

I've got the Reissue of XD toys Davy on pre order but picked up the neca one for £23.
I believe the hand on the Neca one is bendable so gonna swap that out with the XD toys one which doesn't bend.

Is the DX15 head better proportioned than DX06?
I always thought the 6 was undersized.

I know this has been asked a few times but dunno if it's been answered.

I'm running a custom project for a smiling teeth showing sculpt - Are the dx15 and 06 hair pieces compatible with DX15?
need to make sure before Digi starts sculpting.

There have been pics of the DX15 face plate with the DX06 hair, it works, the hair just looks smaller because it was designed for smaller faces.

Back