Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t like Avatar at all when it came out but I’ve warmed up to it since. I thought it’s message was rather simplistic and obvious but judging by the way many behave it’s not obvious and a simplistic message is likely what’s needed right now.

Point was, it was huge, number one boxoffice... but few can actually sit thru it now.

I don’t think that is the case. That new Pandora attraction at Disney is hugely popular. I suppose the performance of the sequels will bear out if it’s still popular.

I'm sure for kids it huge. Hell, I'd go see the attraction -- desperate for anything new at Disneyland. But I imagine Avatar is something you quickly grow out of. For most.

Who knows? Maybe the pendulum will swing back after a decade of Star Bors and MCU... and Cameron may just know the right time to strike. But the sequels better have a lot more than blue fairies and military grunts to interest me.

The key is creating characters you want to see more of, Pirates has done that, Avatar’s appeal was a viewing experience unlike anything before it, once you’ve had that, the base movie you’re left with isn’t so strong. Cameron is victim of technological innovation like Lucas, instead of focus on the story because technology is limited, technology is suddenly limitless and seems to take priory over the rest.

Does this guy and his base fit into a Detolf?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Definitely.
9B6F3C1F-AAF3-4305-8737-54C60A922D21.jpeg

I watched a bootleg copy of Avatar back when it was out in theaters and have no desire to watch it again.

:rotfl

Me too, seen it only once.

I saw it in 3D Projection when it came out and the dialogue, and some elements felt like stale 80s leftover junkfood then. Now it's just forgotten but I have to credit Cameron for the amazing visual effects.

Notice the HT Avatar line figures were a complete fail back then as well.

I preordered this guy on BBTS a couple days ago. Anybody know when they think he might ship? All it says is Q2 2018

Back