Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday. Paid a little more than retail but really wanted to get this guy ASAP. He does not disappoint! Instant FOTY candidate!

View attachment 403275

View attachment 403276

I paid quite a it more then retail..... paid $320 my local place jacked up the price a bit since it’s sold out at the moment I could not wait until the potential of another shipment

This small partial shipment thing is becoming a trend and it sucks!

Is this happening more often?

I really don't understand HT making us wait a year for a figure, and then shorting the delivery shipment to shake out the cancellations.

If they do this game with future Star Wars figures, it could mean as long as a year and a half before you actually get your figure in hand.

Is this happening more often?

I really don't understand HT making us wait a year for a figure, and then shorting the delivery shipment to shake out the cancellations.

If they do this game with future Star Wars figures, it could mean as long as a year and a half before you actually get your figure in hand.

Spiderman has shipped in small quantities and now this. I got a February ship warning from Sideshow on Spiderman and still nothing. I have Jack ordered at BBTS and I'm now expecting the same sort of thing. Anakin also seems to be a limited early release too.

I like buying from BBTS now but Sideshow controlling all stock is becoming a pain in the arse. I realize that Hot Toys are the ones coming up short on stock at release but this allows Sideshow to fill their own orders and nobody else's. Which wouldn't be as big of a deal if they didn't screw folks over on shipping:mad:

I'm going to speculate here.

This is because of Infinity War. Now I know that's a pretty canned answer all around (it's Marvel's fault!!!!1111!!) but hear me out.

HT is likely interjecting Infinity War product production between runs of their previously preorderable figures. Someone said that patrons of the Toy Sapiens show on the 20th will be able to already purchase Black Widow and place a deposit on Cap. They want these out faster to capitalize on the hype, since they'll need to do it all again for Avengers 4 for the same characters.

While yes, IW products are figures with a lot of reuse, they still need to be manufactured and there's only so much manpower HT can employ at once. So what do they do? They run off 200, 300 copies of Jack, Joker, Spidey or Anakin and distribute them; then they return to IW production. In the meantime, people see final product pics of Jack, for example, and scramble to get one. He waitlisted days after the first pics came out. Same thing with Joker. Same thing with Anakin. Same thing with Spidey.

Isn't it a bit odd that all of these would follow the same template that ultimately leads to no leftover stock? It's capitalizing on supply, demand, and artificially (but conveniently) driven hype. Two birds, one stone. This gets people paying on and reserving figures before the onslaught of Marvel releases that is coming ("Run from it..."), which frees up funds when new figures hit again.

Not to diminish the quality of the listed figures - they all are worthy of the attention they're getting, but you can't help but say that rate of sale is suspect - when was the last time normal release figures waitlisted before release? And suddenly four of their figures do it in a two month period shortly after a "limited batch" showed up?

So while I like to let it be known I'm less than thrilled with SS's shipping practices and that it's driving me away from them, I don't necessarily think they are to be blamed on this one.

Couple shots of Jack!

73D42CF5-41C1-46A2-B638-9BCF06BE4F04.jpeg

43384952-3672-411F-A1A9-3C40475523E1.jpeg

I found the hat such an eye sore that I decided to modify it. I cut the glue and folded it with new glue a bit higher up using clips to get a sharp fold while it dried. Just have to mask the old paint highlights and add some X threads. It’ll be good enough for me to pose it with without paying €60 for a DX06.

b5e2a14047c461a77b3a59c4f6fd9615.jpg

Spiderman has shipped in small quantities and now this. I got a February ship warning from Sideshow on Spiderman and still nothing. I have Jack ordered at BBTS and I'm now expecting the same sort of thing. Anakin also seems to be a limited early release too.

I like buying from BBTS now but Sideshow controlling all stock is becoming a pain in the arse. I realize that Hot Toys are the ones coming up short on stock at release but this allows Sideshow to fill their own orders and nobody else's. Which wouldn't be as big of a deal if they didn't screw folks over on shipping:mad:

That does suck. I can't really blame SS serving their own customers first... but it still sucks.

I don't fault Sideshow at all, the bottom line is HT's production and shipping process, it seems like they're more interested in having like half a dozen or so different figures all out there generating buzz but in a small selection of collector's hands, and then ship the rest, rather than have one new figure out there and in everyone's hands.

Like I said, the way this is unfolding, I'm inclined to ride out an option with good service in a worst case scenario, it's turning into a small mission just to finally get this thing.

I don't fault Sideshow at all,

The issue of small batches certainly is a Hot Toys issue. And I understand that Sideshow is going to take care of their own buyers first. The issue is that Sideshow controls stock AND badly price gouges on shipping which makes the playing field uneven and unfair.

The issue of small batches certainly is a Hot Toys issue. And I understand that Sideshow is going to take care of their own buyers first. The issue is that Sideshow controls stock AND badly price gouges on shipping which makes the playing field uneven and unfair.

Definitely agree with this. They sent a few to my local shop I go to and because of that he raised the price drastically to $320!! He raised it more after each figure he sold. He only got I think 5 or 6 in I think he has one or two left and is now at $360 I think. I paid the $320 because the way things are going who knows when more will come. Decided to pre order a few figures I want now instead of waiting for them to release and potentially be sold out.

You guys got it good, its been $390+ US here in UK forever.

Luckily i got my PO a lil cheaper when it came out at $345 US over a year ago, next day that price went upto $390 too, so i got lucky!

Doesnt make me want to collect these figures when i see im getting my pants pulled down by not having a direct HT-UK distributor. Id only possibly buy future POC DX thats it.

Looking forward to Jack though, even if he might be my last figure from HT hes imo the best one theyve ever made!

Luckily i got my PO a lil cheaper when it came out at $345 US over a year ago, next day that price went upto $390 too, so i got lucky!

Doesnt make me want to collect these figures when i see im getting my pants pulled down by not having a direct HT-UK distributor. Id only possibly buy future POC DX thats it.

Looking forward to Jack though, even if he might be my last figure from HT hes imo the best one theyve ever made!

The jack always seems to be a step up for hot toys. The dx 6 was one of if not the best figure for the time and this one is now the next step. This new serious sculpt is no doubt one of my favorites to date. I believe spot on jack/johnny

I'm going to speculate here.

This is because of Infinity War. Now I know that's a pretty canned answer all around (it's Marvel's fault!!!!1111!!) but hear me out.

HT is likely interjecting Infinity War product production between runs of their previously preorderable figures. Someone said that patrons of the Toy Sapiens show on the 20th will be able to already purchase Black Widow and place a deposit on Cap. They want these out faster to capitalize on the hype, since they'll need to do it all again for Avengers 4 for the same characters.

While yes, IW products are figures with a lot of reuse, they still need to be manufactured and there's only so much manpower HT can employ at once. So what do they do? They run off 200, 300 copies of Jack, Joker, Spidey or Anakin and distribute them; then they return to IW production. In the meantime, people see final product pics of Jack, for example, and scramble to get one. He waitlisted days after the first pics came out. Same thing with Joker. Same thing with Anakin. Same thing with Spidey.

Isn't it a bit odd that all of these would follow the same template that ultimately leads to no leftover stock? It's capitalizing on supply, demand, and artificially (but conveniently) driven hype. Two birds, one stone. This gets people paying on and reserving figures before the onslaught of Marvel releases that is coming ("Run from it..."), which frees up funds when new figures hit again.

Not to diminish the quality of the listed figures - they all are worthy of the attention they're getting, but you can't help but say that rate of sale is suspect - when was the last time normal release figures waitlisted before release? And suddenly four of their figures do it in a two month period shortly after a "limited batch" showed up?

So while I like to let it be known I'm less than thrilled with SS's shipping practices and that it's driving me away from them, I don't necessarily think they are to be blamed on this one.

I think that your speculation is very reasonable and I agree with you. To give a concrete example, I noticed that the estimated arrival date (per Sideshow's website) of the Infinity War Black Widow figure is October 2018 to December 2018 even if it was only fully revealed yesterday. On the other hand, the estimated arrival for the ESB Boba Fett figure is January 2019 to March 2019 even if it was revealed back in January. This tells me that Black Widow (and possibly other Infinity War figures as well) were already in production for some time now. Since factories have limited capacity, there will be trade-offs regarding to the amount that can be produced per figure. It is not surprising if Hot Toys has been asking the factories to allocate their production capacity based on expected demand.

I also noticed that a lot of recently introduced figures have overlapping estimated arrival dates per Sideshow's website even if they were fully revealed at different times (e.g. Boba Fett and Infinity War Thor). This may imply that these figures are being produced at around the same time (possibly in the same factory), which limits the quantities that can be produced per figure.

Last edited:
There are quite a few UK sellers, UKTOYZ and Kapow Toys are the two I have been using.

This is mine with my DX 6 hat. Only two things I don’t like from the new jack. His hat and the fact his coat is too baggy especially in the sleeves. Other than that amazing figure!

Back