Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let's hope the v2 is indeed better.

Is it the hat that keeps ppl hoping for a "better V2"?? the rest of the figure is superb...can't see much improving there. And considering the hat that the "V1ers" got is just like what the proto has, can't see it getting changed :dunno I can see paint slightly varying as I've had that happen with my two BvS superman figures: one was more tan than the other :lol

Depending on how production is going, there could be slight differences in figures depending on when you get yours, but no one should be holding out hope that mods are intentionally being made to the figure at this point.

Depending on how production is going, there could be slight differences in figures depending on when you get yours, but no one should be holding out hope that mods are intentionally being made to the figure at this point.

true but a big change like the hat seems like a stretch. It's not like the Deadpool wrist joint issue where the second batch had that fixed. That was a production issue not a product change.

I’m in agreement, the hat is not going to intentionally change, that’s my point, nothing is “broken” about Jack to warrant specific change, and the hat matches the prototype so it’s not on HT to change anything.

BBTS had it listed as Q1 originally, which meant March at latest, I looked the other day and saw they updated it to Q2, which they have to since we've been in April since Sunday.

Unless something obligates Sideshow to send some of what they got to other retailers, it would seem we're on hold for another few weeks, late April is looking likely, which sucks to wait, but at the same time, receipt of Jack and seeing Infinity War at the same time would be excitement overload.

I have a feeling it will be longer than a couple weeks if BBTS changed their target Quarter. Now they have until June to deliver. At this point I don't expect to see anything until well into May.

As long as they are making me wait, gives me the unexpected chance to see if I can't get this for a deal off ebay anyway.

Last edited:
true but a big change like the hat seems like a stretch. It's not like the Deadpool wrist joint issue where the second batch had that fixed. That was a production issue not a product change.

I'd take a recycled 06 hat. That would be ridiculously easy to do. But they won't. Seriously thinking about going for a leather custom if I get that floppy diaper hat.

I have a feeling it will be longer than a couple weeks if BBTS changed their target Quarter. Now they have until June to deliver. At this point I don't expect to see anything until well into May.

As long as they are making me wait, gives me the unexpected chance to see if I can't get this for a deal off ebay anyway.

I have readjusted my expected delivery date as well. I now have no idea when we'll get this.

In response to someone asking about time frames, I posted this over in the Arkham Joker thread surmising my discussion with C/S at SS yesterday. She even didn't mind checking in when I openly admitted I had my Joker through another retailer - just wanted to make sure I could get my hands on one:

"Long while. I talked to SS, who acts as BBTS's distributor, and SS told me that they don't know when they are receiving their next wave shipment. They will distribute all of their stock to SS buyers before shipping to retailers. Buckle up for the long haul, in short."

vgif-ru-19914.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Got mine yesterday. Paid a little more than retail but really wanted to get this guy ASAP. He does not disappoint! Instant FOTY candidate!

26023A97-7B77-48C2-B4B8-639FBE19BBD7.jpeg

95BCD34D-58EA-4CEB-80FA-5274CF2D253E.jpeg

I’m sticking with BBTS only for the comfort of quality CS cuz after this much wait, I forsee trouble when he finally arrives.

This and Anakin feel like they're as rare as BvS Batman and RO Vader were back in the day.

What's with the tiny partial shipments? Toy Anxiety just told me they only got a few Jacks in too. Anakin doesn't have many listings on Ebay either, all $430+.

It is strange to make such a small partial shipment, and an even smaller 2nd shipment. And then need another 2 months to deliver the full order on a 3rd shipment. They've had these preorders for nearly a year.

Last edited:
I dont expect mine till June, as long as he arrives in my port all ship shape with no bits blasted off ill be happy, hes definately worth the wait.

I wonder roughly how many HT have sold? Anyone know the answer?

Back