Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could take 2, 3, 4 batches possibly, I'm sure box size is a factor in how many can come over at once, plus production. I've given up setting my hopes on a specific time, when I get the notice from BBTS, yay, until then, admire other pics and plan for my work once he arrives.

An outdoor picture. I was thinking an Isla Cruces type of atmosphere from Dead Man’s Chest:

cfff2efbf1f75c6cb6141a8d67def0de.jpg

The release of this figure is somewhat anti climactic with the staggered shipping, often within about a month, everyone from HK to US who preordered a figure is enjoying it, but Jack is coming in small doses over like a 3 month spread, by the time new people get him, early recipients have moved onto the next piece.

Just pre-ordered. Had such low interest in this figure originally. Loved the character and franchise though. The in hand pictures have just bowled me over! Superb! Utterly superb!

I thought this 2nd shipment was on a fast boat only 2-3 weeks behind the first? Seems like this will take the full month or so before arriving.

At this rate, I'll get mine from BBTS at the very end of April.

I thought this 2nd shipment was on a fast boat only 2-3 weeks behind the first? Seems like this will take the full month or so before arriving.

At this rate, I'll get mine from BBTS at the very end of April.

We'll get ours the same day. I'm guessing between April 20 - April 27

I don't believe it's possible to take a bad picture of this guy.

With the smirk head it’s possible, HT’s official shots with it don’t look good and some in hand have had the same effect, that portrait requires a perfect alignment of eye position, viewing angle and lighting. The serious head always looks good.

Yeah, I meant the reg face, obviously, should have mentioned that. I agree some smirk face pics look a bit off but I won't be using it. Actually, IMO, the 06 has a better smirk. Maybe they will fix that along with the hat with the V2 batch. :lol

Here’s a display I set up with NECA Davy Jones and the DX06 Pearl Wheel:

1c3d4b4c6f6686e60b451c8adb928232.jpg

Yeah, I meant the reg face, obviously, should have mentioned that. I agree some smirk face pics look a bit off but I won't be using it. Actually, IMO, the 06 has a better smirk. Maybe they will fix that along with the hat with the V2 batch. :lol

Going back through my DX06 photos, the smirk head on that one suffered the same issue, as fun as having PERS or any sort of posable eye system is with the smirk head, it's the sort of expression where it's best off for the most part with painted eyes in a well suited position, the wrong lighting, viewing angle and eye position and the emotion of the expression changes and not in a good way. It's what convinced me not to pursue the DX06 smirk face to add to my DX15, I scoured photos, and the ability for the DX15 to look good seems on par with DX06 and it looks more like Depp.

Not sure which head I'll use on display, last I had DX06 I had him with the smirk on an angle similar to this moment, one of my favorites of Jack.

115.jpg

Back