Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious how many of you who own DX06 are making the DX15 purchase? I don’t like owning multiples of a character. I love different aspects of both versions. Not a fan of the DX15 base, wish HT included a regular for those who do not wish to keep Sparrow trying to balance off a cannon over water. The look is uneasy. I love the wheel of DX06 and for that reason do not want to part with it.
I have two DX06s. I'm definitely buying this one. Jack is my second favorite movie character right behind Indy. I'd love a version from BP and DMC as well. Hell, I'd take one from each film.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Curious how many of you who own DX06 are making the DX15 purchase? I don’t like owning multiples of a character. I love different aspects of both versions. Not a fan of the DX15 base, wish HT included a regular for those who do not wish to keep Sparrow trying to balance off a cannon over water. The look is uneasy. I love the wheel of DX06 and for that reason do not want to part with it.

I'm getting this and I own the DX06. Will be upgrading the coat with this new one for sure and maybe the hat and body. This new hat rolls in the back as it should for OST unlike the one that comes with the DX06. The better and actual paint apps on the new body look good and I'm thinking of repainting the fleshtone on the DX06 faces to match. Currently he's way too brown instead of just tan.

I would love to see HT take on COTBP but I'm not sure I need it. Maybe for parts :dunno

attachment.php

That would be me.

I just realized that I do have every iteration of HT Jack though so perhaps I'm a bad barometer.

I have all the HT Jacks as well. IMO always been a grest fig tho the sculpt got better w. each release. I have a bookshelf that is all JS.

I have 06 and will be getting 15 as well. Paint looks great on the 15 and I do really like the new base. I also love the DX line. I hope HT resumes releasing at least one DX set per year.

I have the 06 and I’m still undecided as I only like to have 1 version of a character as well. May just pick up the new heads but I do wish I could find that Enterbay Head Gipetto just posted. No ones topped that one yet and I love the cloth bandanna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paint apps look great and the hair looks much better. But that gator belt looks like it belongs on one of the Real Housewives of the Jersey Shore.

For me the fifteen has the clear advantage with the serious face sculpt. The six looks a little like a stunt double there. Smiling face still looks good though. Clothing and accessories almost look interchangeable.

No matter what comparisons we make between the DX06 and DX15, we need to give DX06 the respect it deserves for an item released six years ago. This is my first experience "deliberating" on purchasing a HT figure I already own (dx06). Man I feel sorry for you Marvel guys with all the incarnations of the same characters!!!

Wow what a figure!!! :clap Just about everything i look at on the DX15 looks better, the boots, face, hat, two smaller belts and buckles, hair, fabrics, even the sword belt has more detail. Jacket/coat looks lots better and even though i wont always pose him on it, the base imo really makes it special too.

Yes the DX06 is still a good figure and id feel super lucky to own one instead.

Hopefully we will get more DX figures from future POTC films, im sure well see a POTC 10 one day, id like to have a future Elizabth Swan if shes wearing Carribean pirate clothes and is a total badass with a cute and angry face.

Hopefully we will get more DX figures from future POTC films, im sure well see a POTC 10 one day, id like to have a future Elizabth Swan if shes wearing Carribean pirate clothes and is a total badass with a cute and angry face.

Oh TOTALLY. I would practically kill for a DX Lizzie---I have the Hot Toys one, but she looks almost nothing like Keira Knightley. Not a good sculpt at all IMO, but it's the only Elizabeth that's out there, other than the NECA ones & I thought all of my many Jacks needed at least one Lizzie to hang out with... 😅

I really wish they'd have put her in ANY other costume other than the one she's in. 😝 Would love to have her in something from COTBP or DMC. 😃 Anything, really, as long as they could get the head sculpt right so that she'd be more reminiscent of Keira and less of a square-jawed dude... 🤣 Keira has a lot of angles in her face, but seriously, Hot Toys Lizzie is kinda' on the masculine side. Considering she's such an integral part of the original trilogy, you'd think Hot Toys might give her a second go at it... 😉

Oh TOTALLY. I would practically kill for a DX Lizzie---I have the Hot Toys one, but she looks almost nothing like Keira Knightley. Not a good sculpt at all IMO, but it's the only Elizabeth that's out there, other than the NECA ones & I thought all of my many Jacks needed at least one Lizzie to hang out with... 😅

I really wish they'd have put her in ANY other costume other than the one she's in. 😝 Would love to have her in something from COTBP or DMC. 😃 Anything, really, as long as they could get the head sculpt right so that she'd be more reminiscent of Keira and less of a square-jawed dude... 🤣 Keira has a lot of angles in her face, but seriously, Hot Toys Lizzie is kinda' on the masculine side. Considering she's such an integral part of the original trilogy, you'd think Hot Toys might give her a second go at it... 😉

My thoughts exactly, if they can make a Jack this good, they should be abe to make a super realistic Pirate Liz.

Back