Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

I also like the base I think ignore the nameplate it would fit perfectly for Dam Toys new Creed figure from Black flag.

Yeah Jack Sparrow has developed a serious belt fetish over the past few years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not crazy about him tattooing his own name on his right hand fingers, but it's a small detail.

I'm not crazy about him tattooing his own name on his right hand fingers, but it's a small detail.
Has he always had that in all movies?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I agree about having too much in the new film. The third belt is thick and looks like it would really hinder his ability to move around, and adding a knife/mini sword on top of two pistols, it's getting to a crazy point.

I didn't like how the bandana or the beads were done in OST, thankfully, HT sort of idealized it with their figure. At the time, I felt it was because they were trying to make one last Jack that could sort of represent any movie, guess the new figure negates that lol. I do like that HT also downplays the blonde of the hair and almost keeps it dark like the first 3 films, an instance where I happily accept not being fully film accurate.

The hair also seems to be darker on the new figure, which is nice.

Yeah, but the hands on the 15 look smaller. The DX6 has some big hands.

The hands look like the same ones as DX06, just an addition wrap around the right hands and the JACK tattoo on the fingers, we'll see when it ships I suppose.

The hands look like the same ones as DX06, just an addition wrap around the right hands and the JACK tattoo on the fingers, we'll see when it ships I suppose.

Well, I thought they looked smaller. He does have different rings on this movie.

I actually like the base on this. As MaulFan stated earlier, it creates sort of a mini environment for the figure; even more so than the DX06 Pearl wheel, I think. What I like in particular is the ocean water effect, which to me sort of puts emphasis on the whole "Caribbean" aspect, or creates sort of a Caribbean environment.

Exactly this...the wheel is cool...the base is awesome! If you could mix and match between the 06 and the 15 a la Carte I would choose the base over the wheel in a heartbeat...the base, the hair, like the smirking sculpt on the 06 more but would only display either with the serious sculpt so for me it's an easy 2-1 win for the DX15 as the winner...that's not even factoring in how much less a brand new 15 will be than a brand new 06...though as others have mentioned, there is no way that that price on the 06 will not be dropping very soon...

I agree about having too much in the new film. The third belt is thick and looks like it would really hinder his ability to move around, and adding a knife/mini sword on top of two pistols, it's getting to a crazy point.

I didn't like how the bandana or the beads were done in OST, thankfully, HT sort of idealized it with their figure. At the time, I felt it was because they were trying to make one last Jack that could sort of represent any movie, guess the new figure negates that lol. I do like that HT also downplays the blonde of the hair and almost keeps it dark like the first 3 films, an instance where I happily accept not being fully film accurate.

Its funny when you go back and look at the first film, you forget how different he looked.
No dreads and relatively spartan outfit compared to the later films.

The base is amazing but disappointed when I noticed the blank stand is still there.
Initially I thought they had magnets in his shoes and the cross beam he's standing on.
That would have been amazing!

Having seen the movie.... that base makes absolutely no sense. It may look cool but it's not film accurate in the slightest.

Its funny when you go back and look at the first film, you forget how different he looked.

He really did, I just went back to look at pictures. He almost seems "light" on gear now. :lol

It's ashamed you can't get a good COTBP Jack Sparrow figure. I have an old Sovereign Studios figure but its not up to snuff (being 14 years old now). I'd love a simple Jack :))) Sparrow figure in his original style.

Preordered at BBTS.
Skipped the DX06 and will be repeating that mistake.
I really like the helm base of the 06, but prefer this one. It looks more dynamic to me and brings life to the figure, compared to the Pearl Helm that looks like an add-on.
Either way, I'm stoked. Time to head to the beach.

This is looking awesome can't wait to have him. Sold the Dx06 which sucker but for one thing I know is that. The DX06 is an awesome figure from the stand and everything else. This has improved gear in terms of the boots I guess. But still something to look foward to. If you do have the Dx06 then you know how awesome it is.

Having seen the movie.... that base makes absolutely no sense. It may look cool but it's not film accurate in the slightest.

Hey, you can't just say something like that all willy nilly without a spoiler tag. :lol

Screen accurate would probably be a plain piece of soundstage flooring covered in a small smattering of sand...accurate shmaccurate I just want my Jack Sparrow to have a really awesome base so he looks cool on my shelf...mission accomplished Hot Toys!

I wonder if this base will fit inside a detolf? If it does it will be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back