Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

I was wondering the same thing. Looks like it'd be a tight fit if so. I imagine the figure posed on this base will be pretty tall.

I was wondering the same thing. Looks like it'd be a tight fit if so. I imagine the figure posed on this base will be pretty tall.
The back pole of the flying down does go down so you make him a little lower on it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Well, I found a sale for all the DX06 hands for $25 shipped, seemed reasonable to me, the more I look, I just don't like the hand tattoos and this will be my ultimate Jack so it's worth it. Overall, I want most of the DX15 set so this is more sensible than buying DX06 at reduced price. In the end my Jack will be a mix of DX06, DX15 and Medicom parts.

I was watching the live Pirates premiere from LA online, and Johnny sounded drunk during the interview :lol One thing he said was that they tried making the new film feel like the original. :D

And so it begins...

And so it ends, spending money at least, only other thing I'd be interested in is the Pearl wheel and not at the prices being asked right now.

I never understood why they got rid of the grayer pants. Boots, pants, coat, hat all blur -- I remember the red/white/blue color scheme from the first in my mind's eye.

Having the coat be the right color would sure help.

Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Having just opened my DX I purchased a few years back.....I am glad I got him....Took a year to get it close to retail...

This sculpt on the new one is lacking something.....maybe because its of Depp alot older.... It looks thin.....

Glad I have the original.....I wont bite on this......but glad everyone will have a shot at Jack for their collection.
f7b51485433a3b293d1c770a60ffac40.jpg
06d5e0de62b3edc11dc7e2c5fae85531.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! Looks great. You do what I do -- have figures for over a year without opening. :lol

I love the DX but I feel he looks best without the hat and captain's coat. As much as I like the full gear, the coat and hat just cover so much of the wonderful detail.

In the featurette on the DMC DVD, the costume maker mentions that Jack's costume hadn't been saved after Curse and she had to re-source a lot of the fabrics for DMC. I believe the boots changed based on the locations and conditions for shooting the sequels.

I love the DX but I feel he looks best without the hat and captain's coat. As much as I like the full gear, the coat and hat just cover so much of the wonderful detail.

I think you may have just summed up why two Jack Sparrows may be necessary. :lol

(Arnold84's Sparrows from the DX06 thread)
attachment.php

I think you may have just summed up why two Jack Sparrows may be necessary. :lol

(Arnold84's Sparrows from the DX06 thread)
attachment.php
If anything about the UU enterbay jack was accurate it was that coat. I tried getting my hands on it to no avail. Also the sash too. That was also perfect, worn out and it draped nicely.

Or the DX15 and the AWE Sparrow, you know, if you don't want to spend DX06 money.

Edit: AWE Sparrow seems to be going for even higher prices on eBay. Perhaps DX15 and DX06 is the way to go. :lol

Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

I'd like to get two Jacks for the same reason of displaying both looks: one with coat and hat, and one without coat and hat. The hat could be easily added and removed on either one.

If I could afford that I would do it. But for now I have to stick with the new DX15. The diorama base it comes with wouldn't have been my first choice, but the more I look at it, I like it more. I'd sure like to get the ships helm base as well though. Thought of making my own before, but it wouldn't be nearly as nice.

And Hot Toys, please make a Barbossa to pair the new Jack with. He's been in all five movies so far and really needs a figure.

I've got two DX06s, but this is one of those aesthetic and elaborate figures that had to be ordered regardless of whether the film is any good or not. So it was a day one (Hong Kong) pre-order for me.

The base with the ghost shark is an unknown quantity. It replicates the kind of thing you'd expect from a movie poster.

Where did you order from, please?

The more I look at the base the more I love it. Honestly I don't even care how the movie turns out. This figure probably will be the closest "possible statue" kind of asset we will own for a long time. Love how they are treating the DX renewal. A diorama backdrop at times takes too much space and an elaborated base as stand reminds me of the stunning base they had for the Samurai predator. The base looks so seamless with the figure that I am super super excited after a long time for a figure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back