Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Wonder if the dx06 still holds it value I think honestly it will I don't think this figure will sell out. And we don't know what problems people will find with it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So far I know when they released DX11 Joker, DX1 value got dropped.

I think will be same with DX6, new DX just much better.

Joker (character) - 12 HT figures. 5 Ledger figures.

Godfather - 1 HT figure.

Hot Toys has already released 4 Leto Jokers with a fifth unannounced but displayed at last year's SDCC...so I guess Leto Joker is already AS popular as Ledger Joker and when that inevitable sixth Leto is teased you can happily announce that Leto Joker is more "popular" than Ledger Joker...maybe Hot Toys will release that sixth Leto Joker to coincide with the 2nd anniversary of Suicide Squad...:)

Not only 4 letos , but 4 letos with nailed likenesses. :lol

I don't see DX15 necessarily causing a huge drop in the value of DX06.

So far, the plus I see of having DX15 over DX06 is a slightly more lifelike neutral head, some added rooted hair, and a few extra, but minor, accessories. The costume is mostly the same as DX06, and the base, depending on your preference, isn't as nice. As much as I like the DX15 base, I'd much rather have the wheel of the Pearl for a display.

And so far, the smirk sculpt is inferior to that of DX06, comparing the two, DX15 looks like he's full on smiling almost, where DX06 looks like a smirk out of one side of his mouth.

PD133948023525Y.jpg

PD1494916268Azr.jpg

Um, why are people talking about the Joker in a Jack Sparrow thread?

Um, why are people talking about the Joker in a Jack Sparrow thread?

Spawned from the discussion of HT releasing a new, but basically just updated, DX Jack, anticipating that they would likely release yet another Ledger Joker if they're going to keep with this trend. HT already started with Joker DX 2.0, so it's not like Jack is setting a precedent.

awesome figure with fantastic base, possibly one of hot toy's best.
i like the shark.

pirate 1.jpg
pirate 2.jpg
pirate 3.jpg

I like the base, not as much as the Pearl wheel, but it's really nicely done I think, creates a small environment, I disagree with the idea of it looking too busy, but I think most people who feel that would easily take a traditional, standard 1/6 base. My only gripe is the name plate, it would look better without it and just the environment pieces.

That's it, I've gotta order it. Tried to resist! I missed out on the dx06 and always loved that figure. Love the first two films and the character.
I would like to know if that larger gold belt will be removable. I hope so as I'd like to see the figure without the coat, hat and that third belt removed. That would be how I would display him.
I've also got an old dx stand that I'm going to turn into a kinda ship deck for him when he isn't on the diorama base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a question on my mind: If this line could manage the 260 dollar price tag (30 more than the average hottoy) the majority of the time, would you rather most releases be DX?

Here's a question on my mind: If this line could manage the 260 dollar price tag (30 more than the average hottoy) the majority of the time, would you rather most releases be DX?

Thing is, HT has put out MMS figures that, short of including PERS or some posable eye method, rival the overall content of a DX figure. The line has been blurred between MMS and DX since the first couple DX figure were released, I don't even know what HT considers qualities to define as DX vs MMS anymore.

True. Since I've never had anything past an MMS I'm sort of defining DX by the base and extra accessories. :dunno

The base is practically a diorama...the more I see this one the more I feel it edges out the 06...steering wheel is an awesome accessory but this base is less an accessory and more of an environment.

Ok so it's 100% the DX06 sculpts reused that video show's the smirk better than the pictures all that's changed is plastic/resin cast the paint and the eyes. These are defiantly reused sculpts! Easy cash in for Hot toys :slap :lecture:lecture

Time to let Ledger go

Is it too soon to make a pill joke? :monkey3

There will be no more Ledger Jokers.

No DX Bane either.

lol.

I doubt we'll see any other TDKT characters, but Joker and Batman could happen, especially the Joker. He's one of HT most popular figure/characters.

Hot Toys has already released 4 Leto Jokers with a fifth unannounced but displayed at last year's SDCC...so I guess Leto Joker is already AS popular as Ledger Joker and when that inevitable sixth Leto is teased you can happily announce that Leto Joker is more "popular" than Ledger Joker...maybe Hot Toys will release that sixth Leto Joker to coincide with the 2nd anniversary of Suicide Squad...:)

Well, it's still the Joker, and he wears like 50 costumes in 8 minutes, so of course HT will milk the crap out of it. Just look at the IM line.

Both look good. You can tell they are reusing the same Kuchi beads (left side hanging). I wish they were updated. The hair look cool.

awesome figure with fantastic base, possibly one of hot toy's best.
i like the shark.

View attachment 342440

It looks very good. Hopefully the final product doesn't look too clean.

Ok so it's 100% the DX06 sculpts reused that video show's the smirk better than the pictures all that's changed is plastic/resin cast the paint and the eyes. These are defiantly reused sculpts! Easy cash in for Hot toys :slap :lecture:lecture

Definitely not the same sculpts.

Back